The global macarons market size reached US$ 965 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 1,370 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.07% during 2023-2028. The rising awareness about the benefits of macarons, wide availability of macarons through online and offline distribution channels, and the growing number of restaurants, cafes, and bakeries represent some of the key factors driving the market.
A macaron is a meringue-based sandwich cookie manufactured with almond flour, egg whites, powdered sugar, and food coloring. It has a smooth top, ruffled edges, and a flat bottom and filled with buttercream, ganache, and fruit-based jam. It is moist, slightly cakey, and chewy and can be decorated with chopped almonds, walnuts, raisins, or cherry bits. It can be added to ice creams, pie fillings, and puddings to enhance their taste and texture. It acts as a quick energy source and nutrition and a rich source of vitamin E, magnesium, and potassium, which assists in maintaining a healthy immune system. As it can be consumed by individuals suffering from celiac disease or gluten sensitivity, the demand for macaron is rising across the globe.
Macarons Market Trends:
At present, there is a rise in the demand for macarons among the masses around the world to avoid gluten. This, along with the thriving food and beverage (F&B) industry, represents one of the key factors supporting the growth of the market. Besides this, the increasing need for transparency of ingredients in desserts is offering lucrative growth opportunities to industry investors. In addition, key market players are preparing macarons with natural, additive-free, and organic ingredients. They are also using plant-based colorants to provide appropriate color to macarons, which is contributing to the growth of the market. Moreover, there is an increase in the demand for keto macarons with low carbs and calorie content among health-conscious consumers across the globe. This, coupled with the rising awareness among the masses about the benefits of consuming macarons, is strengthening the growth of the market. Apart from this, the wide availability of macarons through online and offline distribution channels, along with increasing online shopping activities, is impelling the growth of the market. The growing utilization of macarons as a premium gift item is also offering a favorable market outlook. Additionally, the escalating demand for high-quality baked food products, along with inflating income levels of individuals, is positively influencing the market. Furthermore, the growing number of restaurants, cafes, and bakeries serving macarons is bolstering the growth of the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global macarons market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product and distribution channel.
- Lavender Coconut
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the macarons market based on the product. This includes basic, chocolate, strawberry, lemon, lavender coconut, and others. According to the report, chocolate represented the largest segment.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Convenience Stores
- Independent Retailers
- Online Channel
A detailed breakup and analysis of the macarons market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes supermarkets/hypermarkets, convenience stores, independent retailers, online channel, and others. According to the report, convenience stores represented the largest segment.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Europe was the largest market for macarons. Some of the factors driving the Europe macarons market included the increasing popularity of French cuisine, rising disposable income, and growing demand for gluten-free and vegan options.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global macarons market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies include Chantal Guillon, Dalloyau, Dana’s Bakery, Jean-Paul Hevin, Jouer, Ladureé, Maison du Chocolat, Olivia Macaron, Pierre Hermé, Richart, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Basic, Chocolate, Strawberry, Lemon, Lavender Coconut, Others
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Supermarkets/Hypermarkets, Convenience Stores, Independent Retailers, Online Channel, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Chantal Guillon, Dalloyau, Dana’s Bakery, Jean-Paul Hevin, Jouer, Ladureé, Maison du Chocolat, Olivia Macaron, Pierre Hermé, Richart, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global macarons market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global macarons market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive macarons markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- Which is the most attractive product in the macarons market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- Which is the most attractive distribution channel in the macarons market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global macarons market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global macarons market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the macarons market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global macarons market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the macarons industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.