The global mackerel market size reached US$ 1,029.0 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 1,330.0 by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.1% during 2023-2028. Significant growth in the food and beverage (F&B) industry, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, and rising health consciousness among the masses represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Mackerel is a saltwater fish that belongs to the family Scombridae. It is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, protein, vitamins B2, B3, B6, and B12, and D. It also provides niacin, iron, vitamin B6, riboflavin, magnesium, phosphorus, folate, and selenium. It can be prepared in a variety of ways, including grilling, smoking, or pickling. Mackerel is widely used in dishes, such as salads, sushi, soups, stews, and curries. It consists of good fats that help to reduce blood pressure and decrease the levels of cholesterol in your body. It also assists in improving hair health and brain function, protecting the skin, preventing age-related macular degeneration, reducing inflammation, and risk of heart-related diseases, and keeping skin healthy and hydrated.
Mackerel Market Trends:
The rising health consciousness among the masses is one of the key factors driving the market growth. Mackerel is widely consumed due to its numerous health benefits, including immunity boosters and increases in bone strength, heart, and cognitive health. In line with this, the rising demand for the consumption of these products owing to their rich source of vitamin B-12, fatty acids, and proteins is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Moreover, the widespread product utilization in the food and beverage (F&B) industry as an ingredient in salads, sandwiches, and pasta dishes is favoring the market growth. Apart from this, the introduction of innovative flavors of canned mackerel with a mild taste and powerful punch of nutrition is providing an impetus to the market growth. Along with this, the launch of mackerel filets in various variants, including Mediterranean style with jalapeno peppers, boneless filets in olive oil, and mackerel with oil and lemon, is propelling the market growth. Additionally, the widespread adoption of canned mackerel as freezing of fish leads to the stoppage of all microbiological activities causing food spoilage and poisoning and making it pure and hygienic for consumption, which in turn is positively influencing the market growth. Other factors, including growing consumption of seafood, widespread product utilization in pet food to enhance its nutritional value, rising expenditure capacities of consumers, increasing inclination toward healthy meals, including protein-rich mackerel diet, and emerging trends of e-commerce, are anticipated to drive the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global mackerel market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on form, and distribution channel.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the mackerel market based on the form. This includes frozen and canned. According to the report, frozen represented the largest segment.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets
- Convenience Stores
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the mackerel market based on the distribution channel. This includes hypermarkets and supermarkets, convenience stores, online and others. According to the report, hypermarkets and supermarkets represented the largest segment.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for mackerel. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific mackerel market included extensive research and development (R&D) activities, significant growth in the food and beverage (F&B) industry, and various product innovations.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global mackerel market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Bolton Group Sr, Bumble Bee Foods LLC (FCF Co Ltd), Cornelis Vrolijk B.V., Etosha Fishing Corp. (Oceana Namibia), Iceland Foods Ltd., Killybegs Seafood, Ocean More Foods Co. Limited, Ocean Treasure World Foods Limited, Pinetree Vietnam Company Limited, Sea Harvest Group, Thai Union Group Public Company Ltd, Viet Ocean Seafood Vietnam, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Online, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Bolton Group Sr, Bumble Bee Foods LLC (FCF Co Ltd), Cornelis Vrolijk B.V., Etosha Fishing Corp. (Oceana Namibia), Iceland Foods Ltd., Killybegs Seafood, Ocean More Foods Co. Limited, Ocean Treasure World Foods Limited, Pinetree Vietnam Company Limited, Sea Harvest Group, Thai Union Group Public Company Ltd, Viet Ocean Seafood Vietnam, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global mackerel market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global mackerel market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global mackerel market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive mackerel market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the form?
- Which is the most attractive form in the mackerel market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- Which is the most attractive distribution channel in the mackerel market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global mackerel market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global mackerel market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the mackerel market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global mackerel market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the mackerel industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.