According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Africa Medical Cannabis Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the Africa medical cannabis market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 20.12% during 2023-2028. Cannabis is a psychoactive drug that is generally extracted from cannabis ruderalis, cannabis indica and cannabis sativa plants. It usually provides a calming and relaxing effect when consumed. Therefore, it is widely utilized in the manufacturing of various medicines for the treatment of several conditions, including depression, insomnia, chronic pain, anxiety and inflammation. Apart from this, it is also consumed by patients in pill form who are suffering from acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) as well as undergoing cancer chemotherapy.
Africa Medical Cannabis Market Trends:
The market in Africa is primarily driven by the rising prevalence of chronic illnesses among the masses. Along with this, the increasing awareness regarding the medicinal properties and benefits of cannabis is creating a positive outlook for the market across the region. This is supported by the government initiatives of numerous countries across the region to legalize cannabis farming in order to utilize it for medicinal purposes. Moreover, significant growth in the pharmaceutical industry across Africa and the rising investments by public and private firms to upgrade the existing pharmaceutical sector are also creating a positive outlook for the market. Apart from this, the widespread adoption of cannabis in the preparation of numerous health supplements to treat psychotic ailments is propelling the market growth further. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players in order to introduce effective product variants in the market.
- On the basis of the species, the market has been segregated into cannabis indica, sativa and hybrid.
- Based on the derivative, the market has been categorized into cannabidiol, tetrahydrocannabinol and others.
- On the basis of the route of administration, the market has been divided into capsules and oral solutions, vaporizers, smoking, topicals and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into cancer, HIV/AIDS, epilepsy, pain and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been segmented into the pharmaceutical industry, research and development centers and others.
- Based on the country, the market has been divided into Lesotho, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Ghana, Zambia and Malawi.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has been examined in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include AgriPharma Pty LTD., Bophelo Bioscience & Wellness (Pty) Ltd. (Halo Labs Inc), Canopy Growth Corporation, Medigrow Africa, Medi Kingdom, MG Health, Pharmaceutical Development Company, Precision Extraction Solutions and Verve Dynamics (Pty) Ltd.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Species, Derivative, Route of Administration, Application, End User, Country
||Lesotho, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Ghana, Zambia, Malawi
||AgriPharma Pty LTD., Bophelo Bioscience & Wellness (Pty) Ltd. (Halo Labs Inc), Canopy Growth Corporation, Medigrow Africa, Medi Kingdom, MG Health, Pharmaceutical Development Company, Precision Extraction Solutions and Verve Dynamics (Pty) Ltd.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, and nanotechnology industries. We also provide cost model and manufacturing setup project reports through Syndicated Analytics, a subsidiary of IMARC Group.
Our offerings include comprehensive market intelligence in the form of research reports, production cost reports, feasibility studies, and consulting services. Our team, which includes experienced researchers and analysts from various industries, is dedicated to providing high-quality data and insights to our clientele, ranging from small and medium businesses to Fortune 1000 corporations.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800