The Africa medical cannabis market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of
21% during 2022-2027.
Medical cannabis refers to cannabinoid drugs that are extracted from the Cannabis Sativa plant. These drugs are primarily bifurcated into tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD). Medical cannabis includes both psychoactive and non-psychoactive ingredients that are precisely used for medicinal purposes. These ingredients help in treating insomnia, inflammation, depression, anxiety, chronic pain, etc. In Africa, the increasing legalization of medical cannabis have led to the faster approvals of THC- and CBD-infused drugs, thereby driving the market growth.
The growing awareness towards several health benefits of medical cannabis for cancer patients in treating poor appetite and weight loss, reducing pain and muscle spasms, and relieving nausea, is augmenting the market in Africa. Furthermore, the increasing popularity of cannabis-infused edible products, such as pills, chocolates, brownies, cookies, etc., for prolonged treatment of psychotic ailments, is also propelling the product demand. Additionally, due to the presence of low-cost labor resources and favorable geographical conditions, many international players are investing in Africa for producing medical cannabis, which will further continue to drive the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the Africa medical cannabis market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on species, derivative, route of administration, application and end user.
Breakup by Species:
- Cannabis Indica
Breakup by Derivative:
Breakup by Route of Administration:
- Capsules and Oral Solutions
Breakup by Application:
Breakup by End User:
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Research and Development Centers
Breakup by Country:
- South Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined with some of the key players being AgriPharma Pty LTD., Bophelo Bioscience & Wellness (Pty) Ltd. (Halo Labs Inc), Canopy Growth Corporation, Medigrow Africa, Medi Kingdom, MG Health, Pharmaceutical Development Company, Precision Extraction Solutions and Verve Dynamics (Pty) Ltd.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Species, Derivative, Route of Administration, Application, End User, Country
||Lesotho, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Ghana, Zambia, Malawi
||AgriPharma Pty LTD., Bophelo Bioscience & Wellness (Pty) Ltd. (Halo Labs Inc), Canopy Growth Corporation, Medigrow Africa, Medi Kingdom, MG Health, Pharmaceutical Development Company, Precision Extraction Solutions and Verve Dynamics (Pty) Ltd.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Africa medical cannabis market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Africa medical cannabis market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the species?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the derivative?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the route of administration?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the Africa medical cannabis market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?