The global more electric aircraft market size reached US$ 1.8 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 4.6 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 16.53% during 2023-2028. Rising construction of airports, increasing utilization to reduce noise pollution and fuel dependency, and growing environment consciousness among the masses represent some of the key factors driving the market.
More electric aircraft (MEA) refers to an efficient airplane system that utilizes advanced electrical units to operate an aircraft by replacing generic pneumatic and hydraulic equipment. It comprises an efficient electric propulsion system integrated with motors, controllers, hardware and software, gearboxes, and cooling systems. It also consists of large lithium-ion batteries, which release electrons that power the propellers of the aircraft. It provides safer, more comfortable, and pollution-free operation. It also reduces the fuel dependency of aircraft and enables sustainable aviation. It does not include complex internal combustion engines and requires minimum maintenance and operational costs. MEA offers better functioning and reduced complexity, vulnerability, and redundancy compared to conventional aircraft due to the removal of hydraulic systems. It produces little or no noise, which is beneficial for the passengers inside the aircraft, employees in the airport, and residents around the airport. Furthermore, as it is efficient, easy to maintain, and affordable, the demand for MEA is rising around the world.
More Electric Aircraft Market Trends:
At present, the increasing demand for MEAs due to their energy-efficient properties represents one of the primary factors influencing the market positively. Besides this, the rising number of airports and scheduled flights to accommodate passengers daily is propelling the growth of the market. In addition, the growing environmental consciousness among individuals due to the rising levels of air pollution and depletion of natural resources is offering a favorable market outlook. Apart from this, there is an increase in the integration of electrical systems in aircraft to reduce the incorporation of movable parts, which are susceptible to wear and tear. This, coupled with the rising utilization of no-bleed architecture to improve power efficiency in airplanes, is contributing to the growth of the market. Additionally, governing agencies of various countries are implying stringent policies on aviation companies to reduce noise pollution caused by aircraft, which is supporting the market growth. Moreover, the increasing utilization of MEAs by aviation companies to operate near cities and dwellings throughout the day without disturbing communities is bolstering the market growth. Furthermore, key market players are manufacturing MEAs integrated with fault-tolerant electric machines, electro-hydrostatic actuators, electromechanical actuators, and fault-tolerant electrical power systems to improve their functionalities.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global more electric aircraft market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on application, technology and aircraft type.
- Air Pressurization and Conditioning
- Configuration Management
- Flight Control Operations Management
- Power Generation Management
- Power Distribution Management
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the more electric aircraft market based on the application. This includes air pressurization and conditioning, configuration management, flight control operations management, power generation management, power distribution management, and others. According to the report, power distribution management represented the largest segment.
- Safety Systems and Advanced Materials
- Power Electronics
- Energy Storage Devices
- Thermal Management Systems
A detailed breakup and analysis of the more electric aircraft market based on the technology has also been provided in the report. This includes safety systems and advanced materials, power electronics, energy storage devices, thermal management systems, and others.
Aircraft Type Insights:
- Fixed Wing (Narrow Body/Wide Body/Very Large Body) Aircraft
- Rotary Wing Aircraft
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
A detailed breakup and analysis of the more electric aircraft market based on the aircraft type has also been provided in the report. This includes fixed wing (narrow body/wide body/very large body) aircraft, rotary wing aircraft, unmanned aerial vehicles, and others. According to the report, fixed wing (narrow body/wide body/very large body) accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for more electric aircraft. Some of the factors driving the North America more electric aircraft market included its rising initiatives to reduce carbon footprint, increasing demand for low maintenance aircrafts, growing number of airports, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global more electric aircraft market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Airbus SE, Bombardier Inc., Honeywell International Inc., Lockheed Martin Corporation, Raytheon Technologies Corporation, Rolls-Royce Holdings Plc, Safran S.A., Thales Group, The Boeing Company, TTTech Computertechnik AG, United Technologies Corporation, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Application, Technology, Aircraft Type, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Airbus SE, Bombardier Inc., Honeywell International Inc., Lockheed Martin, Raytheon Company, Rolls-Royce Holdings Plc., Safran S.A., Thales Group, The Boeing Company, TTTech Computertechnik AG and United Technologies Corporation
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global more electric aircraft market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global more electric aircraft market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global more electric aircraft market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive more electric aircraft markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the more electric aircraft market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on technology?
- Which is the most attractive technology in the more electric aircraft market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the aircraft type?
- Which is the most attractive aircraft type in the more electric aircraft market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global more electric aircraft market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global more electric aircraft market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the more electric aircraft market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global more electric aircraft market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the more electric aircraft industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.