The North America native starch market reached a volume of 24 Million Tons in 2020. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to grow at a CAGR of around 4% during 2021-2026. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use industries. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Native starch refers to a white, odorless, and tasteless substance obtained from plant sources like maize, wheat, tapioca, and potato. It is mainly present in seeds, roots or tubers, stem pith, and fruits and acts as a major energy reserve for plants. Furthermore, native starch serves as a thickening, binding, and gelling agent, and offers freeze-thaw stability, moisture retention, and anti-staling properties. Owing to these benefits, native starch is widely used across the food, paper, cosmetic, textile, adhesive, and pharmaceutical sectors.
The North America native starch market is being driven by several factors. Native starch is being increasingly used as a thickening agent in the preparation of soups and sauces, salad dressings, custard, creamy spreads, and other canned food items. The emergence of the on-the-go lifestyle in the region has boosted the demand for these food products, thereby propelling the native starch market growth. Furthermore, rising health consciousness amongst consumers has fueled the demand for low-calorie sweeteners, which are made by using native starch as a key ingredient. Other than this, a large volume of corn-based native starch is widely used for livestock feed and manufacturing ethanol, which is impacting the market growth positively.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the North America native starch market, along with forecasts at the regional and country level from 2021-2026. Our report has categorized the market based on end-use and feedstock.
- Key Regions Analysed
- Analysis for Each Country
- Market by End-Use
- Food Industry
- Paper Industry
- Market by Feedstock
- Value Chain Analysis
- Key Drivers and Challenges
- Porters Five Forces Analysis
- Competitive Landscape
- Competitive Structure
- Key Player Profiles
|Base Year of the Analysis
||End-Use, Feedstock, Country
||United States, Canada
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License $ 2499
Five User License $ 3499
Corporate License $ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the North America native starch market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the North America native starch market?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the North America native starch market?
- What is the breakup of the North America native starch market on the basis of end-use?
- What is the breakup of the North America native starch market on the basis of feedstock?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the North America native starch industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the North America native starch industry?
- What is the structure of the North America native starch industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the North America native starch industry?