The North America pectin market reached a volume of 12,816 Tons in 2020. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% during 2021-2026. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use industries. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Pectin refers to polysaccharide carbohydrate molecules, which are mostly obtained from land plants. However, commercial pectin is generally extracted from citrus peel and apple pomace. Pectin provides cohesion and stability in tissues and cells of a plant as it acts as a structural element in the growth generating tissue and the main component of the middle lamella. For commercial use, it is available in the form of a white to light-colored powder and is widely used as a gelling agent, particularly in jams and jellies. Besides this, pectin has wide applications in the beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care and cosmetic industries.
The North America pectin market is being driven by several factors. The rising number of health-conscious consumers has contributed to the increasing consumption of pectin as it offers various health benefits, such as controlling cholesterol levels, treating diabetes, improving digestion, and weight loss. Besides this, pectin is also used as a stabilizing and thickening agent in the food and beverages industry, which further propels the growth of the market in the region. Furthermore, the dairy sector employs pectin to provide high viscosity, creamy texture and flavor to yogurt, thus stimulating the demand.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the North America pectin market, along with forecasts at the regional and country level from 2021-2026. Our report has categorized the market based on raw material and end use.
- Key Regions Analysed
- Analysis for Each Country
- Market by Raw Material
- Citrus Peel
- Apple Peel
- Market by End Use
- Jams and Preserves
- Drinkable and Spoonable Yoghurt
- Bakery and Confectionary
- Fruit Beverages
- Other Milk Drinks
- Value Chain Analysis
- Key Drivers and Challenges
- Porters Five Forces Analysis
- Competitive Landscape
- Competitive Structure
- Key Player Profiles
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Raw Material, End Use, Country
||United States, Canada
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License $ 2499
Five User License $ 3499
Corporate License $ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the North America pectin market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the North America pectin market?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the North America pectin market?
- What is the breakup of the North America pectin market on the basis of raw material?
- What is the breakup of the North America pectin market on the basis of end use?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the North America pectin industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the North America pectin industry?
- What is the structure of the North America pectin industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the North America pectin industry?