The North America salmon market reached a volume of 589,112 Tons in 2020. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to grow at a CAGR of 4.1% during 2021-2026. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Salmon is the common name for fish, Salmoniformes. They are found in the northern Atlantic and Pacific oceans and are anadromous. Salmon varies greatly from species to species. The species like chum salmon are silvery-blue in color while Atlantic salmon have black spots on their sides. The consumption of salmon is associated with numerous health benefits as they are high in calcium, iodine, vitamin D, vitamin B3, zinc, protein and omega-3s but low in saturated fat. It is also a source of cholesterol, with a range of 23–214 mg/100 g depending on the species. They offer numerous health benefits such as improved bone and brain health, weight management, relieved eye fatigue, lowered risk of cardiovascular disease, lowered blood pressure and enhanced overall health. Increasing consumer awareness, adding value, convenient packaging, etc. are some of the other variables that have strongly affected salmon market growth.
North America salmon market is currently being driven by several factors. Rising preferences for easily consumable food products have resulted in the addition of various products including frozen salmon, canned salmon, smoked salmon, salmon jerky, salmon oil, salmon lox, salmon spreads among others. In addition to this, salmon has several health benefits as it provides consumers with omega-3 fatty acids which help in improving heart health, inflammation, depression and anxiety, thus having a huge potential in the functional food industry. Salmon prevents and slows down the development of heart disease and helps boost brain function. Additionally, it helps in the formation and maintenance of bones and teeth and, enhances the absorption and utilization of calcium and phosphorus. It also reduces the risk of cancer, stroke, depression, Alzheimer’s disease, arthritis, Crohn’s disease and asthma. Another major factor driving the consumption of salmon has been a change in the dietary habits in the region. Moreover, catalyzed by the increasing disposable incomes, sedentary lifestyles and increasing awareness on health and wellness, fish consumption has been increasing in the region. A significant share of consumers cites health reasons as their primary motivation for eating fishes such as salmon as they tend to be low in saturated fats and carbohydrates, and high in a range of micronutrients.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the North America salmon market, along with forecasts at the regional and country level from 2021-2026. Our report has categorized the market based on type, species, end-product type and distribution channel.
- Key Regions Analyzed
- United States
- Analysis for Each Country
- Market by Type
- Market by Species
- Market by End-Product Type
- Market by Distribution Channel
- Value Chain Analysis
- Key Drivers and Challenges
- Porters Five Forces Analysis
- PESTEL Analysis
- Government Regulations
- Competitive Landscape
- Competitive Structure
- Key Player Profiles
IMARC Group’s latest report provides a deep insight into the North America salmon market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for industry players, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the North America salmon market in any manner.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Species, End-Product Type, Distribution Channel, Country
||United States, Canada, Mexico
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License $ 2499
Five User License $ 3499
Corporate License $ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the North America salmon market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the North America salmon market?
- What are the key regions in the North America salmon market?
- What is the breakup of the North America salmon market on the basis of type?
- What is the breakup of the North America salmon market on the basis of species?
- What is the breakup of the North America salmon market on the basis of end-product type?
- What is the breakup of the North America salmon market on the basis of distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the North America salmon industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the North America salmon industry?
- What is the structure of the North America salmon industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the North America salmon industry?
- What are the profit margins in the North America salmon industry?