As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Paper Cups Market in Europe: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028”, the paper cups market in Europe reached a volume of 57.9 Billion Units in 2022. Paper cups are made up of food grade paper and are coated or lined with wax or plastic to prevent the liquid from soaking through or leaking out of the cup. These cups are user-friendly, light-weight, non-toxic and recyclable in nature. As a result, they are widely utilized across cafes, canteens, offices, schools, colleges, hospitals and restaurants for serving food and beverage items such as tea, coffee, soups and instant noodles.
Paper Cups Market in Europe Trends:
The thriving beverage industry is a key factor driving the market growth. Owing to factors such as increasing working population along with their hectic lifestyle, high disposable incomes and changing dietary patterns, there has been a significant rise in the takeaway coffee culture across the continent. This, along with the escalating sales of drinks including milkshakes and iced tea, is boosting the demand for paper cups. Several international coffee chains are expanding their business by opening outlets across Europe which, in turn, is driving the demand for paper cups in this region. Moreover, the potential risk of being exposed to germs through the usage of reusable cups coupled with the environmental threat posed by the use of plastic cups have led the consumers to make a shift toward sustainable use-and-throw cups, thereby augmenting the sales of paper cups across the continent. Furthermore, the declaration of a complete ban on single-use plastic cups by 2030 by the European Commission is another major growth-inducing factor for the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the European paper cups market size is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of
1.8% during 2023-2028, reaching a volume of
64.9 Billion Units by 2028.
- Based on the cup type, the market has been bifurcated into hot and cold paper cups.
- On the basis of the wall type, the market has been classified into single wall, double wall and triple wall paper cups.
- Based on the application, the market has been tea and coffee, chilled food and beverages and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been segmented into coffee and tea shops, QSR and other fast food shops, offices and educational institutions, residential use and others.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been segregated into retail and institutional sales.
- On the geographical front, the market has been categorized into Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Phone No: (D) +91 120 433 0800 | www.imarcgroup.com
Americas :- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331