The global passenger ferries market size reached US$ 2.8 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 3.9 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 3.59% during 2024-2032. The increasing number of tourists, growing demand for new forms of transportation, and the viability of ferries on many routes represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Market Size in 2023
|US$ 2.8 Billion
Market Forecast in 2032
|US$ 3.9 Billion
|Market Growth Rate 2024-2032
Passenger ferries are merchant ships that rely on gas turbines, diesel, or electrical engines and can be equipped with conventional propellers or water jet units. They are available as single-hull and multi-hull and are an important part of the public transportation system in cities that are close to the coast, islands, or areas with a lot of canals and rivers. They are employed for the transportation of passengers or voyagers across interior canals, seas, and oceans. They are used to link various isolated places and transport networks of different countries. They provide accommodation to travelers and their luggage and have no limit for carrying luggage as compared to airways. As they assist in carrying various types of four-wheeled cargo, the demand for passenger ferries is rising across the globe.
Passenger Ferries Market Trends:
At present, there is a rise in the demand for passenger ferries due to the growing consumer preference to visit tropical islands, seas, and oceans. This, along with the increasing number of tourists travelling around the world, represents one of the key factors supporting the growth of the market. Moreover, the rising adoption of passenger ferries in conventional cities on account of the increasing traffic congestion is offering lucrative growth opportunities to industry investors. In addition, key players are introducing sustainable, high-tech, and enhanced passenger ferries. They are also focusing on developing passenger ferries that are powered by hydrogen fuel cells. Besides this, the growing demand for new forms of transportation, along with the rising demand to travel to exotic locations, is positively influencing the market. Additionally, there is an increase in the demand for catamarans multihull ferries for sailing, fishing, and racing purposes across the globe. This, coupled with the rising inclination of individuals towards water transportation, is strengthening the growth of the market. In line with this, the growing awareness among the masses about the benefits of passenger ferries over other transportation systems is offering a positive market outlook. Some of the other growth-inducing factors are the expansive costs of housing, rising number of passenger ferries, the burgeoning tourism industry, and the viability of ferries on many routes.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global passenger ferries market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on type and application.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the passenger ferries market based on the type. This includes monohull and multihull. According to the report, multihull represented the largest segment.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the passenger ferries market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes private and commercial. According to the report, commercial accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Europe was the largest market for passenger ferries. Some of the factors driving the Europe passenger ferries market included the growing employment of passenger ferries for daily commuting, technologically advanced systems, rising inclination of individuals towards comfort and luxury, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global passenger ferries market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Blount Boats Inc., Fincantieri S.p.A. (CDP Industria S.p.A.), Gladding-Hearn Shipbuilding Duclos Corporation, Greenbay Marine Pte Ltd, Hijos de J. Barreras S.A., Lungteh Shipbuilding Co. Ltd, Meyer WerftE GmbH & Co. KG., Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd., Nichols Brothers Boat Brothers, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Blount Boats Inc., Fincantieri S.p.A. (CDP Industria S.p.A.), Gladding-Hearn Shipbuilding Duclos Corporation, Greenbay Marine Pte Ltd, Hijos de J. Barreras S.A., Lungteh Shipbuilding Co. Ltd, Meyer WerftE GmbH & Co. KG., Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd., Nichols Brothers Boat Brothers, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global passenger ferries market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global passenger ferries market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global passenger ferries market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive passenger ferries market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the passenger ferries market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the department?
- Which is the most attractive department in the passenger ferries market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global passenger ferries market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global passenger ferries market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the passenger ferries market from 2018-2032.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global passenger ferries market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the passenger ferries industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.