The latest report by IMARC, titled “Indian Pasta Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028”, finds that the Indian pasta market size reached US$ 785.4 Million in 2022. Pasta refers to an old, traditional, Italian food that is identified as one of the healthiest and carbohydrate-rich foods. It is prepared from numerous ingredients, such as eggs, water, and flour. It is further boiled in hot water and cooked or baked with vegetables, sauces, or meat. Pasta is available in different shapes, such as penne, noodles, spaghetti, macaroni, and fettuccine. The consumption of pasta offers various benefits as it contains minerals, vitamins, and iron. In recent years, pasta has gained traction across the Indian region due to the increasing number of food-service restaurants.
Indian Pasta Market Trends:
One of the primary factors driving the market is the growing popularity of ready-to-cook food products on account of the rising working population and hectic schedules is creating a positive market outlook. Other than this, as individuals are becoming more health-conscious, there have been increasing sales of healthy product variants, such as pasta, made from wheat, quinoa and gluten-free ingredients. Besides this, numerous food trends, such as pairing pasta with other food products, including soup and salads is accelerating the product sales across the country. Furthermore, the increasing popularity of Italian cuisines due to rapid westernization and expanding income levels of the masses are catalyzing the market growth. Moreover, several food service businesses are now offering a fusion of the Italian and Indian cuisines by preparing pasta with Indian spices to cater to a larger consumer base across the country. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 2,062 Million by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 17.52% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the type, the market has been divided into dry, instant, and fresh pasta. Currently, dry pasta dominates the market.
- On the basis of the raw material, the market has been segregated into semolina, refined flour, durum wheat, and others. Presently, semolina represents the largest segment in the market.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been segmented into institutional, convenience stores, hypermarkets/supermarkets, and e-retailing. The majority of the pasta is distributed through Institutional sales.
- On the basis of the cuisine, the market has been categorized into white sauce, red sauce, and mix sauce pasta. Presently, white sauce pasta represents the most popular cuisine.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, and others.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Nestle India Limited, ITC Limited, Bambino Agro Industries Limited, MTR Foods Private Limited, and Del Monte Foods, Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||US$ Million, ‘000 Tons
||Type, Raw Material, Distribution Channel, Cuisine, State
|| Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, others
||Nestlé, ITC, Bambino, MTR and Del Monte
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2299
Five User License: US$ 3399
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800