The global pharmaceutical analytical testing outsourcing market size reached US$ 7.9 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 12.2 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 7.74% during 2023-2028.
Pharmaceutical analytical testing outsourcing is a testing activity used in the pharmaceutical industry to minimize in-house production costs by outsourcing parts of the work to a third party. As an extension of contract research organizations, pharmaceutical analytical testing outsourcing services have begun replacing a significant portion of in-house analytical development and testing. As part of the development process for drugs and therapies, pharmaceutical testing plays a vital role from the beginning through the commercialization of the product. It entails determining the structures of chemicals, purifying a mixture of substances, and synthesizing and characterizing active medicinal ingredients (APIs). Formulation development and early-phase manufacturing are usually involved in this initiative to speed up compound activities.
Pharmaceutical Analytical Testing Outsourcing Market Trends:
The market is majorly driven by the increasing adoption of outsourcing practices in pharmaceutical companies, contract research organizations, and biotech companies. This can be attributed to the escalating demand for analytical information on the end-to-end process of drug development by various regulatory agencies. Additionally, continual technological advancements with an enhanced focus on shortening the product lifecycle have resulted in the rapid development of new products, which is providing an impetus to the market. The rising need for product safety and quality, changing regulations for in vivo and in vitro tests, and an augmented emphasis on customized care is also impacting the market positively. The development of combination products, biosimilar, and other innovative medicines leading to the introduction of specific types of tests and specialty product manufacturing are further fueling the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include numerous innovations in the pharmaceutical industry, the pricing benefits of outsourcing, extensive research and development (R&D) conducted to develop sustainable drugs, favorable initiatives by the governments of several countries, and the growing number of clinical trial registrations.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global pharmaceutical analytical testing outsourcing market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, service and end user.
Breakup by Type:
- Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API)
- Finished Products
Breakup by Service:
- Bioanalytical Testing
- Method Development and Validation
- Extractable and Leachable
- Impurity Method
- Technical Consulting
- Stability Testing
- Drug Substance
- Stability Indicating Method Validation
- Accelerated Stability Testing
- Photostability Testing
Breakup by End User:
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Biopharmaceutical Companies
- Contract Research Organizations
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services (Ajinomoto Co. Inc.), Alcami Corporation Inc., Boston Analytical Inc., Catalent Inc., Charles River Laboratories International Inc., Eurofins Scientific SE, Intertek Group plc, Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings, Pace Analytical Services LLC, SGS S.A., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., West Pharmaceutical Services Inc. and WuXi AppTec Inc. Kindly, note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Type, Service, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services (Ajinomoto Co. Inc.), Alcami Corporation Inc., Boston Analytical Inc., Catalent Inc., Charles River Laboratories International Inc., Eurofins Scientific SE, Intertek Group plc, Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings, Pace Analytical Services LLC, SGS S.A., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., West Pharmaceutical Services Inc. and WuXi AppTec Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global pharmaceutical analytical testing outsourcing market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global pharmaceutical analytical testing outsourcing market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the service?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global pharmaceutical analytical testing outsourcing market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the pharmaceutical analytical testing outsourcing market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global pharmaceutical analytical testing outsourcing market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the pharmaceutical analytical testing outsourcing industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.