The global pin fin heat sink for IGBT market size reached US$ 953.3 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 1,251.46 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.32% during 2023-2028. The surging need for effective cooling solutions for modern consumer electronics, the rising use of IGBT modules in the automotive industry for EVs and HEVs, and the growing popularity of hybrid pin fin heat sinks for multi-device cooling represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Pin fin heat sinks refer to compact sinks with a flat base and a large number of pin-like structures designed to dissipate heat out into the surrounding air. They are usually manufactured using copper or aluminum alloys and appear as a solid block embedded with multiple fins. The pin fins can be easily customized for various applications based on the heat load, airflow, and available space. These sinks serve as heat exchangers and are designed and structured geometrically to increase the surface area and coefficient for heat transfer, provide low thermal resistance from base to fins at high airflow (200-plus LFM), and work in environments with ambiguous airflow direction, making them highly effective. The round aerodynamic pin design and spacing reduce resistance to surrounding airstreams that enter the pin array while simultaneously increasing air turbulence. This, in turn, breaks the boundary layers of still air wrapped around its surface, creating high convective thermal efficiencies. As a result, pin fin heat sinks are widely used to cool insulated-gate bipolar transistors (IGBT).
Pin Fin Heat Sink for IGBT Market Trends:
Pin fin heat sinks are gaining immense popularity in solving complex thermal problems in applications with limited space and substantial heat loads. At present, the surging need for effective cooling solutions to meet the requirements of modern electronics via proper heat dissipation methods is accelerating the adoption of pin fin heat sinks. This, coupled with the escalating demand for huge power supply due to the expanding global population and rapid digitization, represents the primary factor driving the market growth. Moreover, there has been a significant shift from other types of heat sinks toward pin fin heat sinks owing to the growing awareness about their benefits, such as higher volumetric efficiency, compact size, lightweight, better cooling capacity, and low cost. In line with this, the rising adoption of IGBT modules in the automotive industry for hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs) and electric vehicles (EVs) has catalyzed market growth. In addition, the augmenting demand for component density and the increasing miniaturization of electronic devices has strengthened the need for compact and cost-effective cooling solutions, such as pin fin heat sinks. Furthermore, various product innovations by key players, such as the development of the hybrid pin fin heat sink that offers better thermal performance than standard aluminum and copper sinks and can be used for multi-device cooling, are providing a positive thrust to the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global pin fin heat sink for IGBT market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on material type and application.
Material Type Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the pin fin heat sink for IGBT market based on the material type. This includes aluminium and copper. According to the report, aluminium represented the largest segment.
- Automotive Field
- Consumer Electronics
A detailed breakup and analysis of the pin fin heat sink for IGBT market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes automotive field and consumer electronics. According to the report, the automotive field accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia-Pacific was the largest market for pin fin heat sink for IGBT. Some of the factors driving the Asia-Pacific Pin Fin Heat Sink for IGBT market included the rapid growth in the automotive sector, increasing demand for power supply devices, emerging trend of home remodeling, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global pin fin heat sink for IGBT market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Advanced Thermal Solutions Inc., Wellste Aluminum, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Material Types Covered
||Automotive Field, Consumer Electronics
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Advanced Thermal Solutions Inc., Wellste Aluminum, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global pin fin heat sink for IGBT market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global pin fin heat sink for IGBT market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global pin fin heat sink for IGBT market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive pin fin heat sink for IGBT market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the material type?
- Which is the most attractive material type in the pin fin heat sink for IGBT market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the pin fin heat sink for IGBT market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global pin fin heat sink for IGBT market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global pin fin heat sink for IGBT market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the pin fin heat sink for IGBT market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global pin fin heat sink for IGBT market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the pin fin heat sink for IGBT industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.