According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Indian Plywood Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the Indian Plywood market size reached INR 195.8 Billion in FY 2021-22. Plywood is an engineered wood product made up of multiple layers of thin wood veneer, which are glued together with wood grains of adjacent layers rotated at a 90-degree angle. It offers several advantages such as reusability, flexibility, resistance to chemicals and fire, ease of installation, and increased stability under temperature and moisture changes. As a result, plywood is widely utilized in the construction sector for building floors, roofs, furniture, doors, interior walls, and external cladding.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Indian Plywood Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing demand for furniture from the residential sector on account of rapid urbanization, shifting lifestyle patterns, and the increasing number of nuclear families across India. Moreover, as majority of the population prefers semi-furnished or fully furnished houses, there has been significant increase in the refurbishment and renovation of existing residential areas, which, in turn, is escalating the demand for plywood in the Indian market. This, coupled with the inflating disposable incomes and improving living standards of the working population, are positively influencing the market growth. Besides this, several key players are introducing new designs and innovative variants of furniture to increase their consumer base. Furthermore, rapidly expanding distribution networks and reduced manufacturing costs are also creating a positive market outlook across the country. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach INR 297.2 Billion by FY 2027-28, exhibiting a CAGR of CAGR of 7.4% during 2022-23 to 2027-28.
- On the basis of the sector, the market has been bifurcated into organized and unorganized sectors.
- Based on the product type, the market has been categorized into marine and commercial ply.
- Based on the application, the market has been divided into commercial and residential segments.
- On the basis of consumer price, the market has been segmented into less than INR 60 per Sq. Ft., INR 60-79 per Sq. Ft., INR 80-94 per Sq. Ft., INR 95-104 per Sq. Ft., INR 105-115 per Sq. Ft., and above INR 115 per Sq. Ft.
- Based on dealer price, the market has been divided into less than INR 60 per Sq. Ft., INR 60-79 per Sq. Ft., INR 80-94 per Sq. Ft., INR 95-104 per Sq. Ft., INR 105-115 per Sq. Ft., and above INR 115 per Sq. Ft.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North India (Delhi NCR, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, and Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir), West and Central India (Maharashtra and Goa, Gujarat, Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu, and Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh), South India (Tamil Nadu and Puducherry, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and Lakshadweep, Karnataka, and Telangana), and East India (West Bengal and Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Orissa, Jharkhand, Bihar, and Northeastern States).
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Archid Ply, Austin Ply, Century Plywood, Duro Ply, Gattani Plywood, Green Ply, Green Panel, Kajaria Ply, Kit Ply, Merino Industries Limited, Oswin Plywood Prestige Ply, Saburi Ply, Trojan Ply, and Uni Ply.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800