The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “United States Pollution Mask Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” finds that the pollution mask market size in United States reached US$ 1.2 Billion in 2019. A pollution mask is a protective face covering layer that protects the wearer from pollutants in the ambient air. It consists of three layers of filters, which are designed for specific types of air pollutants. These filters include primary (filters large particles like dust and pollen), particle (protects against smaller pollutants) and carbon filters (efficient in removing gaseous pollutants). In the United States, individuals are increasingly opting for pollution masks due to the rising awareness regarding the release of harmful emissions.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
United States Pollution Mask Market Trends:
According to the Center for Disease Control and Infection (CDC), the total number of patients infected by the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) was 5,682,491 by the end of August. The disease has also caused 176,223 deaths in the United States. Consequently, the growing demand for protective equipment like pollution masks represents the primary growth-inducing factor for the market. Pollution masks also restrict the inhalation of air pollutants that cause airborne allergies, respiratory disorders and other lung diseases. As a result, the sales of pollution masks have escalated across the country since the pollution levels in many areas of the United States exceed the national air quality standards for at least one of the six common pollutants. Moreover, many leading companies are designing advanced pollution masks to increase adequate filtration time by 50 percent, compared to similar products. For instance, Honeywell International, Inc., a technology and manufacturing leader, has developed anti-pollution masks using the 3-Layer Media filtration technology, which blocks PM 2.5 dust, haze, bacteria and influenza viruses. Looking forward, the market is anticipated to exhibit strong growth during 2020-2025.
- Based on the product type, the market has been bifurcated into disposable and reusable masks.
- On the basis of the filter type, the market has been categorized into particulate, gas and odor, combination and other filters.
- The market has been segregated based on the particulate matter into PM 0.3, PM 1, PM 2.5 and PM 10.
- On the basis of the standard ratings, the market has been classified into N 95, N 99, N 100, P 95 and P 100.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been divided into institutional and retail sales.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into Northeast, Midwest, South and West.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being 3M Company, Honeywell International Inc., Kimberley-Clark Corporation, Vogmask (Ohlone Press LLC), Reckitt Benckiser Group plc, Foss Performance Materials, LLC, Prestige Ameritech and Makrite Industries, Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800