The global polysilicon market size reached US$ 9.9 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 17.7 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 10.3% during 2023-2028. The growing demand for clean energy, rising use of monocrystalline solar panels, and increasing utilization of solar mini grids to provide electricity access in remote areas represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2022
||US$ 9.9 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 17.7 Billion
|Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
Polysilicon, also known as polycrystalline silicon or poly-Si, is a high-purity form of silicon with multiple crystal structures, which makes it a fundamental component in the manufacturing processes of various industries. It comprises material properties similar to single crystal silicon and can be doped by introducing impurities. It is manufactured from grains that tend to increase in size with a rise in film thickness during the high-temperature manufacturing steps. It is an ideal interconnect when used with titanium to form a low-resistivity suicide. It plays a vital role in photovoltaic (PV) module production and serves as the base material for solar cells, which convert sunlight into electricity. It assists in producing solar modules through various processes, such as the purification of raw silicon, deposition into ingots or wafers, subsequent slicing, and processing into solar cells. As it is used in the production of semiconductor devices, such as transistors, diodes, and integrated circuits, the demand for polysilicon is rising across the globe.
Polysilicon Market Trends:
At present, the rising demand for polysilicon to manufacture multicrystalline solar panels represents one of the key factors supporting the growth of the market. Besides this, the growing number of solar photovoltaic (PV) installations due to the increasing demand for clean energy and need to reduce carbon emissions across the globe is offering a favorable market outlook. Moreover, the escalating demand for monocrystalline solar panels that can be installed on rooftops in residential areas is propelling the growth of the market. In addition, there is a rise in the utilization of solar mini grids to provide electricity access to people in remote areas around the world. This, coupled with the growing employment of polysilicon as a resistor and to assure ohmic contacts for hollow junctions, is positively influencing the market. Apart from this, there is an increase in the demand for polysilicon, as it is known to work well in high-temperature processing and junctions efficiently. This, along with the rising demand for heavily doped polysilicon due to its high resistivity compared to single-crystal silicon, is strengthening the growth of the market. Additionally, the increasing usage of consumer electronics, such as TVs, PCs, tablets, smartphones, wearables, speakers and headphones, digital cameras, and gaming consoles, is bolstering the growth of the market.
Polysilicon Industry Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global polysilicon market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on manufacturing technology, form, and application.
Breakup by Manufacturing Technology:
- Siemens Process
- Fluidized Bed Reactor (FBR) Process
- Upgraded Metallurgical-Grade Silicon Process
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the polysilicon market based on the manufacturing technology. This includes siemens process, fluidized bed reactor (FBR) process, and upgraded metallurgical-grade silicon process. According to the report, siemens process represented the largest segment.
Breakup by Form:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the polysilicon market based on the form has also been provided in the report. This includes chunks, granules, and rods. According to the report, rods accounted for the largest market share.
Breakup by Application:
- Solar Photovoltaic
A detailed breakup and analysis of the polysilicon market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes solar photovoltaic and electronics. According to the report, solar photovoltaic accounted for the largest market share.
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for polysilicon. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific polysilicon market included the growing number of solar panels, rising adoption of renewable energy, increasing utilization of consumer electronics, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global polysilicon market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Asia Silicon (Qinghai)Co. Ltd., Daqo New Energy Corp., GCL (Group) Holdings Co. Ltd., Hemlock Semiconductor Operations LLC (Corning Inc., Shin-Etsu Handotai Co. Ltd.), High-Purity Silicon America Corporation (Mitsubishi Materials Corporation), OCI Company Ltd., Qatar Solar Technologies, Rec Silicon ASA, Tbea Co. Ltd., Tokuyama Corporation, Wacker Chemie AG, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Polysilicon Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Manufacturing Technology
| Manufacturing Technologies Covered
||Siemens Process, Fluidized Bed Reactor (FBR) Process, Upgraded Metallurgical-Grade Silicon Process
||Chunks, Granules, Rods
| Applications Covered
||Solar Photovoltaic, Electronics
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Asia Silicon (Qinghai)Co. Ltd., Daqo New Energy Corp., GCL (Group) Holdings Co. Ltd., Hemlock Semiconductor Operations LLC (Corning Inc., Shin-Etsu Handotai Co. Ltd.), High-Purity Silicon America Corporation (Mitsubishi Materials Corporation), OCI Company Ltd., Qatar Solar Technologies, Rec Silicon ASA, Tbea Co. Ltd., Tokuyama Corporation, Wacker Chemie AG, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global polysilicon market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global polysilicon market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global polysilicon market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive polysilicon market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the manufacturing technology?
- Which is the most attractive manufacturing technology in the polysilicon market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the form?
- Which is the most attractive form in the polysilicon market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the polysilicon market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global polysilicon market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global polysilicon market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the polysilicon market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global polysilicon market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the polysilicon industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.