The global Pompe disease treatment market size reached US$ 1.0 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 1.3 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 2.58% during 2024-2032. The increasing number of clinical studies and trials, the rising popularity of ERT, and the growing number of patients suffering from Pompe disease represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2023
||US$ 1.0 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2032
||US$ 1.3 Billion
|Market Growth Rate 2024-2032
Pompe disease is a genetic disorder caused by the buildup of a complex sugar known as glycogen in the cells of the body, which affects organs, tissues, and muscles. It is an autosomal recessive glycogen storage syndrome caused by the deficiency of lysosomal enzyme acid a-glucosidase (GAA). It is associated with weak muscles, enlarged liver, trouble breathing, hearing problem, lung infection, irregular heartbeat, and losing weight. It is diagnosed using various tools and tests, including electromyography, X-rays, and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). Pompe disease can be treated using medications, enzyme replacement therapy (ERT), substrate reduction therapy (SRT), chaperone-advanced replacement therapy (CART), and injections, which aid in improving the quality of life.
Pompe Disease Treatment Market Trends:
There is a considerable rise in the prevalence of genetic abnormalities among individuals and an increase in the number of patients suffering from Pompe disease. This, coupled with the growing Pompe disease among infants and increasing concerns among parents about the health of their newborns, represents one of the key factors bolstering the growth of the market. Moreover, the growing geriatric population that is susceptible to developing these medical disorders is resulting in an increasing demand for Pompe disease treatment. In addition, the expanding number of clinical studies and trials to develop new treatments for Pompe disease is influencing the market positively. Apart from this, the rising awareness among people about ERT for curing Pompe disease is favoring the market growth. Furthermore, there is an increase in awareness about various treatments, including stem cell transplant, bone marrow transplantation, chemotherapy, and immunotherapy, on account of their numerous advantages. This, along with the awareness about the easy availability of ERT treatment alternatives like lumizyme, is creating a positive outlook for the market. Besides this, there is a rise in the adoption of health insurance policies that provide financial assistance and minimize healthcare expenditure for Pompe disease treatment. Additionally, governments and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) of numerous countries are undertaking measures to offer quality healthcare facilities that are accessible to all. This, along with significant improvements in the diagnostic technologies, is anticipated to provide a favorable outlook to the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global Pompe disease treatment market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on treatment, route of administration, distribution channel, and indication type.
- Enzyme Replacement Therapy (ERT)
- Substrate Reduction Therapy (SRT)
- Chaperone-Advanced Replacement Therapy (CART)
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the Pompe disease treatment market based on the treatment. This includes enzyme replacement therapy (ERT), substrate reduction therapy (SRT), chaperone-advanced replacement therapy (CART), and others. According to the report, enzyme replacement therapy (ERT) represented the largest segment.
Route of Administration Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the Pompe disease treatment market based on the route of administration has also been provided in the report. This includes oral, intravenous, and others.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Hospital and Clinics Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
A detailed breakup and analysis of the Pompe disease treatment market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes hospital and clinics, retail, and online pharmacies, and others. According to the report, hospital and clinics pharmacies accounted for the largest market share.
Indication Type Insights:
- Infantile-Onset Pompe Disease (IOPD)
- Classic Infantile Form
- Non-Classic Infantile Form
- Late-Onset Pompe Disease (LOPD)
A detailed breakup and analysis of the Pompe disease treatment market based on the indication type has also been provided in the report. This includes infantile-onset Pompe disease (IOPD), classic infantile form, non-classic infantile form, late-onset Pompe disease (LOPD), and others. According to the report, late-onset Pompe disease (LOPD) accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for Pompe disease treatment. Some of the factors driving the North America Pompe disease treatment market included the growing awareness about various alternative treatments, increasing number of clinical studies and trials, and well-established healthcare facilities.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global Pompe disease treatment market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Amicus Therapeutics Inc., Audentes Therapeutics Inc. (Astellas US Holding Inc.), Oxyrane UK Limited, Sanofi S.A., Spark Therapeutics Inc, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Treatment, Route of Administration, Distribution Channel, Indication Type, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Amicus Therapeutics Inc., Audentes Therapeutics Inc. (Astellas US Holding Inc.), Oxyrane UK Limited, Sanofi S.A., Spark Therapeutics Inc, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global Pompe disease treatment market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global Pompe disease treatment market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive Pompe disease treatment markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the treatment?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the route of administration?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the indication type?
- What is the competitive structure of the global Pompe disease treatment market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global Pompe disease treatment market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the Pompe disease treatment market from 2018-2032.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global Pompe disease treatment market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the Pompe disease treatment industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.