The global black gram market size reached 3.4 Million Tons in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach 5.0 Million Tons by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.5% during 2023-2028. The growing demand for preparing various dishes, rising utilization to manufacture crucibles, and increasing demand for balancing hormones in women represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Black gram, also known as Vigna mungo, is a South Asian legume that belongs to the Fabaceae family. It is cylindrical and narrow with a black coating or hull and available in the form of whole, split, or dehulled. It is a rich source of protein, vitamin B, potassium, calcium, iron, niacin, thiamine, and riboflavin. It offers dietary fiber, isoflavones, copper, magnesium, zinc, and phosphorus. It helps add bulk to the stool and stimulate peristaltic motion for reducing the symptoms of constipation, diarrhea, bloating, and cramping. Black gram also prevents anemia, fatigue, and cognitive weakness by increasing oxygenated blood flow to the organs and extremities. Besides this, it assists in improving bone mineral density to reduce age-related disorders, such as arthritis and osteoporosis. It also aids in enhancing the skin by relieving inflammation, promoting healing and exfoliation, stimulating the flow of blood to the surface of the skin, and lowering the symptoms of acne.
Black Gram Market Trends:
At present, the increasing demand for black grams to prepare stews, soups, and fermented food products represents one of the key factors supporting the growth of the market. In addition, there is a rise in the demand for black grams to make crucibles, such as ceramic or metal vessels. This, along with the growing awareness among the masses about the benefits of black grams, is positively influencing the market. Besides this, the increasing prevalence of diabetes, obesity, hypertension, and cardiovascular diseases among individuals is offering lucrative growth opportunities to industry investors. Moreover, the growing consumption of black grams to minimize abdominal and muscle cramps during the menstruation cycle is providing a favorable market outlook. In line with this, the rising demand for black grams to balance hormones and strengthen the reproductive organs of women is propelling the growth of the market. Apart from this, there is an increase in the demand for black grams to soothe swollen tissues and decrease pain in the joints. This, coupled with the escalating demand for black grams to treat colic and hemorrhoids and improve liver functions, is strengthening the growth of the market. Additionally, the rising demand for black grams to prevent the constriction of blood vessels and control high blood pressure is impelling the growth of the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global black gram market report, along with forecasts at the global and country level from 2023-2028.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include India, Myanmar, Thailand, and others. According to the report, India was the largest market for black gram. Some of the factors driving the India black gram market included the growing population, suitable season and temperatures, rising awareness about the benefits of black grams among the masses, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global black gram market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global black gram market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global black gram market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global black gram market?
- Which countries represent the most attractive black gram market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global black gram market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global black gram market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the black gram market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global black gram market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the black gram industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.