Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, come under the family of Fabaceae and subfamily of Faboideae. With their high nutritional values, chickpeas serve as a super food for a healthy diet. They are considered a good source of carbohydrates, proteins and include high levels of dietary fibre, vitamins and minerals. There are two distinct types of cultivated chickpea, namely Desi and Kabuli. The desi type is grown in the Indian subcontinent while the kabuli type is grown in West Asia and the Mediterranean region. These pulses also offer numerous health benefits as they help in stabilizing blood sugar levels, weight management, improving digestion and minimising the risk of heart-attack. Chickpeas have a wide application in taste and aroma enhancing products such as sauces, dips, soups and spreads. Several factors boosting the growth of the global chickpeas market are growing population, increasing disposable incomes, changing dietary patterns, rising health awareness among the consumers and increasing consumption of chickpeas in developing countries. According to IMARC group, the global chickpeas market reached a volume of 12.3 Million Tons in 2017, growing at a CAGR of 6% during 2010-2017.
IMARC’s latest study “Chickpeas Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023” has segmented the market on the basis of key regions. Currently, India represents the largest producer of chickpeas accounting for around 70% of the global production. India is followed by Australia, Pakistan, Myanmar, Ethiopia, Turkey, Iran, Mexico, Canada and Russia. Among the top exporting countries, Australia represents the biggest exporter of chickpeas accounting for more than one-third of the total global export volumes. Australia is followed by Russia, India, Mexico, Canada, the United States, Ethiopia, Argentina, Tanzania and Iran. At present, India represents the biggest importer of chickpeas accounting for around one-fifth of the total global import volumes. India is followed by Bangladesh, Egypt, the United States, Algeria, Pakistan, Spain, United Kingdom and Turkey.
The report provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a chickpeas processing plant. The study covers all the requisite aspects of the chickpeas industry and provides an in-depth analysis of the chickpeas market, industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the chickpeas industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the chickpeas market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- Who are the key regional producers in the global chickpeas industry?
- What are the price trends of chickpeas?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the chickpeas industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the chickpeas industry?
- What is the structure of the chickpeas industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the chickpeas industry?
- What are the profit margins in the chickpeas industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up chickpeas processing plant?
- How are chickpeas processed?
- What are the various unit operations involved in chickpeas plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up chickpeas plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up chickpeas plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up chickpeas plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for chickpeas?
- What are the transportation requirements for chickpeas?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up chickpeas plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up chickpeas plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up chickpeas plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up chickpeas plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up chickpeas plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for chickpeas plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?