The global RAID controller card market size reached US$ 1.23 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 1.49 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 3.15% during 2023-2028. Increasing security concerns among private sectors, significant growth in the BFSI industry, and the rising demand for high-performance data storage systems, represent some of the key factors driving the market.
A redundant array of independent disks (RAID) controller card is a chip used to manage hard disk drives (HDDs) or solid-state drives (SSDs) in a computer or storage array, so they work as a logical unit. It is located between the operating system and a storage drive. It works by virtualizing the drives into distinct groups with specific data protection and redundancy characteristics. The front-end interface communicates with the server through a host-based adapter (HBA). RAID controller card provides data redundancy and improves hard disk drive performance. It offers better reliability, flexibility, higher hard disk drive (HDD) performance, additional cache memory, and dedicated processing.
RAID Controller Card Market Trends:
The widespread product adoption in the banking, financial services, and insurance (BFSI) industry is driving the market growth. RAID controller card is used to provide fault tolerance and improve the performance of storage devices. In line with this, it allows multiple disks to be grouped and act as a single volume, enhancing performance and protection against data loss, which in turn is augmenting the market growth. Moreover, the widespread product adoption in data centers involving servers and storage devices that are integrated with RAID controllers are favoring the market growth. Apart from this, the rising trend of big data and the Internet of Things (IoT) technologies is also acting as another growth-inducing factor. Additionally, the increasing adoption of cloud-based storage services due to low initial investment and high security is providing an impetus to the market growth. Furthermore, the widespread adoption of hardware RAID controller card that provides an interface between the host system and the drives in the array, offering performance enhancements and fault tolerance, is facilitating the market growth. Along with this, the increasing product utilization in service industry to reduce the time taken when retrieving large amounts of data from storage devices, is positively influencing the market growth. Besides this, the increasing security concerns among private sectors for better storage solutions that can ensure the availability of critical information without any risk of loss or damage are propelling the market growth. Other factors, including extensive research and development (R&D) activities, rising adoption of cloud technologies across government organizations, and the increasing demand for high-performance data storage systems, are anticipated to drive the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global RAID controller card market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, type, enterprise size and end user.
- Hardware RAID
- Software RAID
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the RAID controller card market based on the product. This includes hardware and software RAID. According to the report, hardware RAID represented the largest segment.
- 8 Internal Ports
- 16 Internal Ports
A detailed breakup and analysis of the RAID controller card market based on the type has also been provided in the report. This includes 8, 16 internal ports and others.
Enterprise Size Insights:
- SMB Enterprise
- Large Enterprise
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the RAID controller card market based on the enterprise size. This includes SMB and large enterprises. According to the report, SMB enterprise represented the largest segment.
End User Insights:
- Internet Industry
- Service Industry
- Manufacturing Industry
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the RAID controller card market based on the end user. This includes internet, service, manufacturing industry, financial, government and others.
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for RAID controller cards. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific RAID controller card market included the rising adoption of cloud technologies, significant technological advancements, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global RAID controller card market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Advanced HPC Inc., Advantech Co. Ltd., Broadcom Inc., Dell Technologies Inc., Fujitsu Limited, HighPoint Technologies Inc., Intel Corporation, Lenovo Group Limited, Marvell Technology Inc., Microchip Technology Inc., StarTech.com Ltd., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Product, Type, Enterprise Size, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Advanced HPC Inc., Advantech Co. Ltd., Broadcom Inc., Dell Technologies Inc., Fujitsu Limited, HighPoint Technologies Inc., Intel Corporation, Lenovo Group Limited, Marvell Technology Inc., Microchip Technology Inc., StarTech.com Ltd., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global RAID controller card market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global RAID controller card market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive RAID controller card markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the enterprise size?
- What is the breakup of the market based on end user?
- What is the competitive structure of the global RAID controller card market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global RAID controller card market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the RAID controller card market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global RAID controller card market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the RAID controller card industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.