The global rat model market size reached US$ 1.4 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 2.5 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.84% during 2024-2032. The rising research and development (R&D) activities in the pharmaceutical industry, increasing demand for personalized medicine and the growing utilization in the study of toxicology, oncology, diabetes, and immunology represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2023
||US$ 1.4 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2032
||US$ 2.5 Billion
|Market Growth Rate 2024-2032
A rat model refers to a rat that is inbred as an experimental animal and kept in laboratories for studying the effects of various biomedical experiments. It is small in size, easy to maintain, possesses a short life cycle, and provides abundant genetic resources. It is utilized for studying the effects of various novel drugs and vaccines as rats show anatomical, physiological, and genetic similarities to humans. It enables researchers to extrapolate the results to understand human response to a disease. A rat model is primarily adopted as an in-vivo model for examining basic pharmacokinetic parameters, such as drug efficiency, safety, and toxicological studies, as this pre-clinical information is required before translating into humans. It is also used for identifying novel human disease susceptibility genes, helping in studying the mechanisms underlying pathological abnormalities, and suggesting new therapeutic approaches. Furthermore, it is incorporated into various neuroscience research as rats are sociable and skilled while having complex cognitive abilities.
Rat Model Market Trends:
At present, the increasing demand for rat models in laboratories due to rising research and development (R&D) activities in the pharmaceutical industry represents one of the major factors influencing the market positively. Besides this, the growing utilization of rat models in the study of toxicology, oncology, diabetes, and immunology is offering a favorable market outlook. Additionally, there is an increase in the prevalence of various chronic and life-threatening diseases, such as diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular complications, and arthritis, due to the adoption of sedentary lifestyle habits and consumption of unhealthy diets. This, along with the rising occurrence of various viruses causing contagious diseases around the world, is propelling the growth of the market. Apart from this, the increasing demand for personalized medicine to treat various autoimmune and genetic diseases effectively is contributing to the growth of the market. In addition, governing agencies of numerous countries are investing in research and development (R&D) activities of various novel drugs and vaccines to eradicate life-threatening diseases. Moreover, the increasing utilization of clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats (CRISPR) rat models to reduce the rate of failure in clinical trials is bolstering the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global rat model market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on model type, technology, service, therapeutic area, and end user.
Model Type Insights:
- Outbred Rats
- Inbred Rats
- Knockout/Genetically Modified Rats
- Hybrid/Congenic Rats
- Conditioned/Surgically Modified Rats
- Immunodeficient Rats
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the rat model market based on the model type. This includes outbred rats, inbred rats, knockout/genetically modified rats, hybrid/congenic rats, conditioned/surgically modified rats, and immunodeficient rats. According to the report, outbred rats represented the largest segment.
- Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats (CRISPR)
- Embryonic Stem Cell Injection
- Nuclear Transfer
A detailed breakup and analysis of the rat model market based on the technology has also been provided in the report. This includes clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats (CRISPR), microinjection, embryonic stem cell injection, nuclear transfer, and others. According to the report, clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats (CRISPR) accounted for the largest market share.
- Genetic Testing
A detailed breakup and analysis of the rat model market based on the service has also been provided in the report. This includes breeding, cryopreservation, re-derivation, genetic testing, quarantine, and others.
Therapeutic Area Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the rat model market based on the therapeutic area has also been provided in the report. This includes oncology, neurology, immunology, toxicology, and others. According to the report, toxicology accounted for the largest market share.
End User Insights:
- Contract Research Organizations (CROs)
- Academic and Research Institutes
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
A detailed breakup and analysis of the rat model market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes contract research organizations (CROs), academic and research institutes, and pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. According to the report, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for rat model. Some of the factors driving the North America rat model market included the rising research and development (R&D) activities in biopharmaceutical sector, technological advancements, high healthcare expenditure, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global rat model market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Biomere, Charles River Laboratories International Inc., Cyagen Biosciences Inc., Envigo (Inotiv Inc.), genOway S.A., Janvier Labs, Taconic Biosciences Inc., TransViragen Inc., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Rat Model Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical Trends and Market Outlook, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Model Type
- Therapeutic Area
- End User
|Model Types Covered
||Outbred Rats, Inbred Rats, Knockout/Genetically Modified Rats, Hybrid/Congenic Rats, Conditioned/Surgically Modified Rats, Immunodeficient Rats
||Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats (CRISPR), Microinjection, Embryonic Stem Cell Injection, Nuclear Transfer, Others
||Breeding, Cryopreservation, Re-derivation, Genetic Testing, Quarantine, Others
|Therapeutic Areas Covered
||Oncology, Neurology, Immunology, Toxicology, Others
|End Users Covered
||Contract Research Organizations (CROs), Academic and Research Institutes, Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Biomere, Charles River Laboratories International Inc., Cyagen Biosciences Inc., Envigo (Inotiv Inc.), genOway S.A., Janvier Labs, Taconic Biosciences Inc., TransViragen Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global rat model market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global rat model market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global rat model market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive rat model market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the model type?
- Which is the most attractive model type in the rat model market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on technology?
- Which is the most attractive technology in the rat model market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the service?
- Which is the most attractive service in the rat model market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the therapeutic area?
- Which is the most attractive therapeutic area in the rat model market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the rat model market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global rat model market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global rat model market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the rat model market from 2018-2032.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global rat model market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the rat model industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.