The global ready-to-drink beverages market size reached US$ 209.5 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 327.31 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 7.4 % during 2023-2028. The shifting consumer preference for RTD beverages, expanding consumption of healthy and functional drinks, and continuous product innovations represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Ready-to-Drink (RTD) beverages are prepared and packaged in advance, ready for human consumption at the time of purchase. They are available in various forms, including carbonated soft drinks, iced teas, sports and energy drinks, juices, coffee, and alcoholic beverages, such as pre-mixed cocktails. RTD beverages are packaged in cans, bottles, or cartons and are designed to be consumed directly from the container, making them ideal for people on the go. In addition to this, these products are available in a wide range of flavors, ingredients, and health benefits and do not require additional preparation before consumption, unlike traditional beverage mixes, powders, or brew-it-yourself tea or coffee products. RTD beverages are convenient and easy to consume, due to which they are gaining popularity for outdoor activities, such as picnics, hiking, and camping.
Ready-to-Drink Beverages Market Trends:
The rising shift in preference for ready-to-drink (RTD) beverages in younger demographics, especially millennials and Gen Z, due to their convenience, extended shelf life, and portability, is primarily driving the market growth. Besides this, rapid urbanization, expanding working population, hectic lifestyles, inflating disposable incomes of individuals, and the increasing trends of on-the-go consumption are creating a positive outlook for the market. In addition to this, the escalating consumer health consciousness and the surging demand for RTD functional drinks, organic juices, and smoothies fortified with vitamins, natural ingredients, electrolytes, probiotics, and antioxidants are presenting remunerative growth opportunities for the market. RTD beverages are often marketed as a healthier alternative to sugar-rich, high-calorie juices and carbonated drinks, with the product available in low-sugar or natural variants. Moreover, ongoing product innovations and premiumization and continuous launch of new flavors, ingredients, and packaging options by manufacturers to expand their product portfolio and cater to different consumer preferences are impelling the market growth. Concurrent with this, expanding product availability through an increasing number of convenience stores, supermarkets, and hypermarkets and proliferating online retail channels are aiding in market expansion. Furthermore, the rising consumption of beers and wine coolers, bolstering growth of the food service industry, and aggressive product advertising, social media campaigns, celebrity endorsements, and promotional events are propelling the sales of RTD beverages across the globe.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global ready-to-drink beverages market, along with forecasts at the global levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type, packaging, and distribution channel.
Product Type Insights:
- RTD Tea
- RTD Coffee
- Energy Drinks
- Yogurt Drinks
- Dairy-based Beverages
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the ready-to-drink beverages market based on the product type. This includes RTD tea, RTD coffee, energy drinks, yogurt drinks, dairy-based beverages, and others. According to the report, RTD tea represented the largest segment.
- Tetra Pack
- Tin Can
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the ready-to-drink beverages market based on the packaging. This includes bottles, tetra pack, sachet, tin can, and others. According to the report, bottles represented the largest segment.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Business to Business (Foodservice)
- Business to Consumers
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Online Stores
A detailed breakup and analysis of the ready-to-drink beverages market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes business-to-business (food service) and business-to-consumers (supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, specialty stores, online stores, and others). According to the report, business to consumers accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for ready-to-drink beverages. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific ready-to-drink beverages market included the rising popularity of RTD beverages, escalating health consciousness among consumers, and the expanding working population.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global ready-to-drink beverages market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Asahi Group Holdings Ltd., Brown–Forman Corporation, Keurig Dr Pepper Inc., Nestle S.A., O-AT-KA Milk Products LLC, PepsiCo Inc., Red Bull GmbH, Suntory Holdings Limited, The Coca-Cola Company, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Product Types Covered
||RTD Tea, RTD Coffee, Energy Drinks, Yogurt Drinks, Dairy-based Beverages, Others
||Bottles, Tetra Pack, Sachet, Tin Can, Others
|Distribution Channels Covered
- Business to Business (Foodservice)
- Business to Consumers: Supermarkets and Hypermarkets, Convenience Stores, Specialty Stores, Online Stores, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Asahi Group Holdings Ltd., Brown–Forman Corporation, Keurig Dr Pepper Inc., Nestle S.A., O-AT-KA Milk Products LLC, PepsiCo Inc., Red Bull GmbH, Suntory Holdings Limited, The Coca-Cola Company, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global ready-to-drink beverages market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global ready-to-drink beverages market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global ready-to-drink beverages market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive ready-to-drink beverages market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- Which is the most attractive product type in the ready-to-drink beverages market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the packaging?
- Which is the most attractive packaging in the ready-to-drink beverages market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- Which is the most attractive distribution channel in the ready-to-drink beverages market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global ready-to-drink beverages market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global ready-to-drink beverages market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the ready-to-drink beverages market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global ready-to-drink beverages market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assists stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the ready-to-drink beverages industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.