The global release liners market size reached US$ 99.3 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 171.9 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.09% during 2024-2032. The escalating demand for pressure-sensitive labels and industrial tape, growing need for effective packaging in various end-use industries, and considerable growth in the e-commerce industry represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Market Size in 2023
|US$ 99.3 Billion
Market Forecast in 2032
|US$ 171.9 Billion
|Market Growth Rate 2024-2032
A release liner is a piece of thin material that is used to protect adhesive coatings when they are used to facilitate the release of the adhesive. The release liners are typically made from paper, plastic, or films and are coated with a release agent, which helps remove the adhesive from the liner. To use the adhesive product, the release liner is removed, revealing the adhesive coating, which allows the adhesive to be applied to the intended surface. This release liner ensures that the adhesive retains its protective properties until it can be used and easily removed without leaving any residue or damaging the surface. Release liners can come in different sizes, shapes, and levels of adhesion, and can also be customized with printing, embossing, and other features to suit specific requirements. Labels, stickers, tapes, and other adhesive products often require release liners to protect the adhesive until it is used.
Release Liners Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the escalating demand for pressure-sensitive labels and industrial tapes. This can be attributed to the growing need for effective packaging in various end-use industries, such as food and beverage, healthcare, and personal care. In line with this, the rising adoption of sustainable packaging solutions is propelling the demand for release liners that are made from recycled or biodegradable materials. Also, the rapid product utilization in the automotive industry for protective films, tapes and labels in automotive paint protection, branding and identification is creating a positive market outlook. Besides this, the emerging trend of product packaging that is customized to meet specific product requirements, including adhesion level or release force, is making them an attractive option for innovative packaging solutions. The market is further fueled by the increasing usage of release liners in the production of electronic components, such as touchscreens, displays, and circuit boards, which is impacting the market positively. Apart from this, considerable growth in the e-commerce industry leading to the increasing demand for various packaging materials is contributing to the market. Some of the other factors providing an impetus to the market include rapid industrialization, rising demand for advanced medical devices, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global release liners market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on material type, substrate type, labelling technology, and application.
Material Type Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the release liners market based on the material type. This includes silicone and non-silicone. According to the report, silicone represented the largest segment.
Substrate Type Insights:
- Glassine/Calendered Kraft Paper
- Polyolefin Coated Paper
- Clay Coated Paper
- Polyvinyl Chloride
- Polyethylene Terephthalate
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the release liners market based on the substrate type. This includes paper-based (glassine/calendered kraft paper, polyolefin coated paper, clay coated paper and others) and film-based (polyvinyl chloride, polypropylene, polyethylene, polyethylene terephthalate, and polystyrene). According to the report, film-based represented the largest segment.
Labelling Technology Insights:
- Stretch Sleeve
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the release liners market based on the labelling technology. This includes pressure-sensitive, glue-applied, sleeving, stretch sleeve, in-mold, and others. According to the report, pressure-sensitive represented the largest segment.
- Pressure-Sensitive Tapes
- Graphic Arts
A detailed breakup and analysis of the release liners market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes labels, pressure-sensitive tapes, hygiene, industrial, graphic arts, medical, and others. According to the report, labels accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for release liners. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific release liners market included rapid urbanization, continual technological advancements, flourishing e-commerce industry, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global release liners market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include 3M Company, Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj, Dow Inc., Felix Schoeller Group, Gascogne, Industrias de transformación de Andoain S.A (Neenah Inc.), Loparex Holding B.V., Mitsubishi Chemical America Inc. (Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation), Mondi plc, Polyplex Corporation Ltd., Rayven LLC (Duraco Specialty Tapes LLC), Siliconature Spa, Twin Rivers Paper Company, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Material Types Covered
|Substrate Types Covered
- Paper-Based: Glassine/Calendered Kraft Paper, Polyolefin Coated Paper, Clay Coated Paper, Others
- Film-Based: Polyvinyl Chloride, Polypropylene, Polyethylene, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polystyrene
|Labelling Technologies Covered
||Pressure-Sensitive, Glue-Applied, Sleeving, Stretch Sleeve, In-Mold, Others
||Labels, Pressure-Sensitive Tapes, Hygiene, Industrial, Graphic Arts, Medical, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||3M Company, Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj, Dow Inc., Felix Schoeller Group, Gascogne, Industrias de transformación de Andoain S.A (Neenah Inc.), Loparex Holding B.V., Mitsubishi Chemical America Inc. (Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation), Mondi plc, Polyplex Corporation Ltd., Rayven LLC (Duraco Specialty Tapes LLC), Siliconature Spa, Twin Rivers Paper Company, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global release liners market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global release liners market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global release liners market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive release liners market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the material type?
- Which is the most attractive material type in the release liners market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the substrate type?
- Which is the most attractive substrate type in the release liners market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the labeling technology?
- Which is the most attractive labeling technology in the release liners market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the release liners market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global release liners market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global release liners market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the release liners market from 2018-2032.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global release liners market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the release liners industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.