The global retinoblastoma treatment market size reached US$ 2.7 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 3.5 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.2% during 2023-2028. A considerable rise in healthcare expenditure for ophthalmic treatment procedures, increasing investments in research and development (R&D) activities on therapies with lower side effects, and the increasing health consciousness represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Retinoblastoma is one of the most common cancers that generally develops before the age of 5 in children. Some of the symptoms of retinoblastoma include a white appearance in the pupil called cat's eye reflex or leukocoria. Retinoblastoma treatment can include a variety of drug delivery and chemotherapy techniques that provide some benefits in the short term since retinoblastoma is curable at the initial stage. Following the first or second chemotherapy cycle, different focal treatments can then be applied depending on how much the tumor shrinks and where it is in the eye. A combination of different treatment methods is the most successful retinoblastoma treatment option. Surgery is the permanent retinoblastoma treatment option as it removes the tumor thoroughly from the retina. There are a variety of imaging tests available for a detailed diagnosis of retinoblastoma, including ultrasound, CT-scan, MRI, X-ray, and bone scan.
Retinoblastoma Treatment Market Trends:
A considerable rise in healthcare expenditure for ophthalmic treatment procedures is a significant factor driving the market. This can be attributed to the rising incidences of retinoblastoma among the younger population. In line with this, increasing investments in research and development (R&D) activities focusing on newer, more efficient therapeutic strategies with lesser associated side effects is providing an impetus to the market. Moreover, the growing awareness regarding different type of cancers resulting in higher diagnosis and treatment rates are also acting as a significant growth-inducing factor. However, the lack of availability of various retinoblastoma treatment drugs, along with stringent drug regulations, are acting as a growth-restraining factor for the market. On the contrary, the increasing number of product approvals leading to the launches of new drug variants is creating a positive outlook for the market. Besides this, the growing rates of recurrence of retinoblastoma are also creating lucrative opportunities in the retinoblastoma treatment market. The market is further propelled by various organic growth strategies undertaken by key payers, such as partnerships and collaborations, and merger and acquisitions (M&As). Apart from this, the presence of strong pipeline drugs, along with the augmenting number of clinical trials, are fueling the market growth. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include rapid urbanization, inflating disposable income levels, considerable growth in cancer research, and improvements in medical infrastructure across the globe.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global retinoblastoma treatment market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, treatment type, type of staging, and application.
- Non-Hereditary Retinoblastoma
- Hereditary Retinoblastoma
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the retinoblastoma treatment market based on the type. This includes non-hereditary retinoblastoma and hereditary retinoblastoma. According to the report, non-hereditary retinoblastoma represented the largest segment.
Treatment Type Insights:
- Radiation Therapy
- Laser Therapy (Photocoagulation)
- Opthalmic Artery Infusion Chemotherapy
- High-Dose Chemotherapy and Stem Cell Transplant
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the retinoblastoma treatment market based on the treatment type. This includes surgery, radiation therapy, laser therapy (photocoagulation), cryotherapy, thermotherapy, chemotherapy, opthalmic artery infusion chemotherapy, and high-dose chemotherapy and stem cell transplant. According to the report, chemotherapy represented the largest segment.
Type of Staging Insights:
- Intraocular Retinoblastoma
- Extraocular Retinoblastoma
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the retinoblastoma treatment market based on the type of staging. This includes intraocular retinoblastoma and extraocular retinoblastoma. According to the report, intraocular retinoblastoma represented the largest segment.
- Cancer Institutes
A detailed breakup and analysis of the retinoblastoma treatment market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes hospitals, cancer institutes, and others.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for retinoblastoma treatment. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific retinoblastoma treatment market include the growing rates of recurrence of retinoblastoma, higher diagnosis and treatment rates due to the increasing awareness regarding different types of cancers, the presence of several key players in the region, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global retinoblastoma treatment market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Pfizer Inc., Teva Canada Limited (Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.), etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Type, Treatment Type, Type of Staging, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Pfizer Inc., Teva Canada Limited (Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.), etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global retinoblastoma treatment market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global retinoblastoma treatment market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive retinoblastoma treatment markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the treatment type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type of staging?
- What is the breakup of the market based on application?
- What is the competitive structure of the global retinoblastoma treatment market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global retinoblastoma treatment market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the retinoblastoma treatment market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global retinoblastoma treatment market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the retinoblastoma treatment industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.