According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Scandinavia Frozen Food Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the Scandinavia frozen food market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 5.15% during 2022-2027. Frozen foods are food products that are processed and then preserved under acutely low temperatures. Since they are preserved using the process of freezing, these foods are capable of retaining their nutritional content for a longer period of time without altering their taste and flavor. They are characterized by extended shelf life and ease of storage while providing improved convenience and reduced cooking time when compared with fresh alternatives. These food products generally include fruits, vegetables, dessert, meat, seafood and ready-to-eat meals.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Scandinavia Frozen Food Market Trends:
The market is majorly driven by the increasing consumer preference towards the adoption of convenience foods across Scandinavia. With the hectic lifestyles led by working professionals and their shifting dietary preferences, there has been a considerable rise in the demand for ready-to-eat processed foods, which is providing an impetus to the sales of frozen foods in the region. Moreover, the rapid expansion of online and offline organized retail channels across Scandinavia that offer attractive discounts and a vast array of products to choose from is creating a positive outlook for the market. This is further supported by rapid urbanization and the inflating disposable income levels of the masses. The market is also driven by the increasing number of cold chain storage and transportation facilities across the region. These facilities are widely being equipped with Bluetooth devices, the Internet of Things (IoT) and GPS tracking systems for improved production yield with better food safety standards. They also involve the use of advanced techniques in an attempt to avoid contamination, preserve moisture content, and mitigate microbiological spoilage of the processed products, thereby acting as a major growth-inducing factor.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been divided into frozen fruits, frozen vegetables, frozen desserts (bakery products, ice cream, and others), frozen meat and sea foods, frozen ready meals, frozen soup, and others.
- Based on the type, the market has been classified into ready-to-eat, ready-to-cook, ready-to-drink, and others.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been categorized into supermarkets & hypermarkets, convenience stores, online retail, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into Denmark, Norway and Sweden.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Alimex Seafood A/S, Almondy AB, Ardo Ardooie, Berrifine A/S, Geia Food A/S, Lantmännen Unibake Denmark A/S, Lerøy Seafood Group ASA, Nomad Foods Limited, Orkla ASA and Prime Ocean A/S.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800