The global scented candles market size reached US$ 489.4 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 678.2 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.50% during 2023-2028. The increasing number of resorts, salons, and wellness centers, rising adoption of aromatherapy, and the growing mergers and acquisitions (M&A) amongst key players represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Scented candles are made of wick, fragrance oil, and wax, such as soy, beeswax, or paraffin that emit fragrance when burned. They assist in enhancing mood, promoting relaxation, reducing stress, and providing a sense of calmness. They are used to add a pleasant fragrance to a room, remove unpleasant odors and create a cozy atmosphere. They are also utilized to enhance the ambiance and create a special atmosphere for special occasions like weddings and dinner parties. They are commonly available in various shapes, sizes, and colors. At present, the emerging trend of gifting scented candles with personalized boxes and labels is catalyzing their demand across the globe.
Scented Candles Market Trends:
There is an increase in the use of scented candles in numerous resorts, salons, and wellness centers that offer spa services. This, coupled with the rising prevalence of mental health conditions, such as depression, anxiety, and stress, and the thriving wellness tourism sector represent one of the key factors fueling the market growth around the world. It can also be attributed to the growing focus of people on their physical appearance. Moreover, rapid urbanization, busy lifestyles, expanding purchasing power of individuals, and the increasing penetration of high speed internet connectivity are driving the sales of scented candles via e-commerce websites. These websites are offering convenience, a vast catalog, fast shipping facilities, discounted deals, and innumerable payment options. In addition, the increasing adoption of aromatherapy for treating numerous psychological and physical conditions, such as headaches, pain, insomnia, eczema, stress-induced anxiety, depression, and digestive problems, is contributing to the market growth. Apart from this, product manufacturers are introducing organic and eco-friendly variants in innovative fragrances, including lavender, grapefruit, lemon, rose, basil, sage, sandalwood, pine, caramel, and chocolate to expand their product portfolio. Key players are also focusing on collaboration and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) to launch international scented candles brands across the globe. They are also enabling consumers to custom-make their scented candles to expand their overall reach. Furthermore, the rising use of scented candles as decorative items in homes to add aesthetic value is propelling the growth of the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global scented candles market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, category, raw material, and distribution channel.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the scented candles market based on the product. This includes container-based, pillar, and others. According to the report, container-based represented the largest segment.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the scented candles market based on the category has also been provided in the report. This includes mass and premium. According to the report, premium accounted for the largest market share.
Raw Material Insights:
- Paraffin Wax
- Soy Wax
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the scented candles market based on the raw material. This includes paraffin wax, soy wax, beeswax, and others. According to the report, paraffin wax accounted for the largest market share.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Hypermarket and Supermarkets
- Convenience Stores
- Online Stores
A detailed breakup and analysis of the scented candles market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes hypermarkets and supermarkets, convenience stores, online stores, and others. According to the report, hypermarkets and supermarkets accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for scented candles. Some of the factors driving the North America scented candles market included the expansion of wellness tourism sector, easy availability, product innovations, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global scented candles market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Bath & Body Works Inc., Bolsius International B.V., Bridgewater Candle Company, Candle-lite Company, Conscious Candle Company, Diptyque, Lalique Group, Mvp Group International Inc., NEST New York, S. C. Johnson & Son Inc., Stonewall Kitchen, The Estee Lauder Companies Inc., The Yankee Candle Company Inc. (Newell Brands), Thymes LLC, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Container-Based, Pillar, Others
|Raw Materials Covered
||Paraffin Wax, Soy Wax, Beeswax, Others
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Hypermarket and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Online Stores, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Bath & Body Works Inc., Bolsius International B.V., Bridgewater Candle Company, Candle-lite Company, Conscious Candle Company, Diptyque, Lalique Group, Mvp Group International Inc., NEST New York, S. C. Johnson & Son Inc., Stonewall Kitchen, The Estee Lauder Companies Inc., The Yankee Candle Company Inc. (Newell Brands), Thymes LLC, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global scented candles market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global scented candles market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global scented candles market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive scented candles market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- Which is the most attractive product in the scented candles market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the category?
- Which is the most attractive category in the scented candles market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on raw material?
- Which is the most attractive raw material in the scented candles market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on distribution channel?
- Which is the most attractive distribution channel in the scented candles market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global scented candles market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global scented candles market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the scented candles market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global scented candles market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the scented candles industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.