The global shaving market size reached US$ 11.0 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 14.5 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 3.06% during 2024-2032. The growing consciousness regarding grooming, increasing preference for convenience, and rapid expansion of the personal care sector represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2023
||US$ 11.0 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2032
||US$ 14.5 Billion
|Market Growth Rate (2024-2032)
Shaving is the removal of hair from the face and other body parts using a sharp blade. It can be done with a straight, safe and electric razor and shaving brush, soap, or cream. It is one of the oldest forms of grooming and has been practiced by men and women for thousands of years. The main benefit of shaving is to keep the face and other body parts clean and free of hair. Additionally, it also helps to improve an individual’s appearance, as it can make a face look smoother and more symmetrical. For some, it is also a way to express their personal style, as they can choose to shave in a certain way, such as with a full beard or a closely shaved goatee. Besides this, shaving also provides a sense of accomplishment and can be a relaxing ritual for some individuals.
Shaving Market Trends:
The growing awareness regarding personal grooming among the masses majorly drives the global market. Due to the growing popularity of social media that provides grooming tips and highlights the importance of looking well-groomed is propelling the market. In line with this, the increasing number of blogs and digital media outlets engaging in spreading awareness of the importance of grooming is significantly supporting the market. This has encouraged numerous leading manufacturers to heavily invest in the launching of specialized shaving products that prove ease and convenience to the users, which, in turn, is driving the overall shaving market favorably. Apart from this, the rapid expansion of the e-commerce sector is also providing a thrust to the demand as it is providing easier access to a wide variety of shaving products, including high-quality razors, shaving creams, and related products at more affordable prices. Furthermore, several major players are developing eco-friendly razors and shaving products, such as biodegradable blades and handles that are comprised of sustainable materials, is creating a positive market outlook. Some of the other factors driving the market include rapid urbanization, the emergence of razor subscription boxes and electric razors, and inflating disposable income levels of individuals.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global shaving market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on product, distribution channel, and end user.
- Razors and Blades
- Beard Moisturizer, Pre-Shave Cream
- After Shave Emulsion
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the shaving market based on the product. This includes razors and blades, beard moisturizer, pre-shave cream, and after shave emulsion. According to the report, razors and blades represented the largest segment.
Distribution Channel Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the shaving market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes offline and online. According to the report, offline accounted for the largest market share.
End User Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the shaving market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes men and women. According to the report, men accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for shaving. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific shaving market included the growing awareness regarding personal grooming, the launch of specialized products, continuous innovations, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global shaving market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Beiersdorf AG, Church & Dwight Co. Inc., Club Gigi, Harry’s Inc., Koninklijke Philips N.V., Oriflame Holding AG, Reckitt Benckiser Group plc, The Procter & Gamble Company, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Shaving Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Distribution Channel
- End User
||Razors and Blades, Beard Moisturizer, Pre-Shave Cream, After Shave Emulsion
|Distribution Channels Covered
|End Users Covered
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Beiersdorf AG, Church & Dwight Co. Inc., Club Gigi, Harry’s Inc., Koninklijke Philips N.V., Oriflame Holding AG, Reckitt Benckiser Group plc, The Procter & Gamble Company, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global shaving market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global shaving market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global shaving market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive shaving market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- Which is the most attractive product in the shaving market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- Which is the most attractive distribution channel in the shaving market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the shaving market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global shaving market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global shaving market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the shaving market from 2018-2032.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global shaving market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the shaving industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.