The global shoulder-fired weapons market size reached US$ 6.41 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 9.08 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.87% during 2023-2028. The increasing geopolitical tensions between countries, the integration of advanced technologies, and the launch of smart weapons represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Shoulder-fired weapons are self-propelled explosive rocket projectiles that can be operated by a single person. They target anti-tank weapons, anti-aircraft, man-portable anti-defense systems, rocket-propelled grenades, and anti-vessel launchers. They are generally guided and unguided to hit targets on the ground or air and have special applications like armor-piercing. They enable armed forces to target objects and escape the area quickly before they can be spotted by the enemy. They are lightweight, easier to transport, and require less maintenance as compared to traditionally used missile systems. They are commonly available in short, medium, and extended ranges variants. Amongst these, the short range shoulder-fired weapons are used in close-counter combat operations and can fire a projectile at a maximum range of 1000 meters. On the other hand, medium range shoulder-fired weapons can be combined with multiple warheads and fire at a maximum of 3000 meters. Moreover, extended range shoulder-fired weapons are the most sophisticated and capable systems and have higher muzzle velocity and greater accuracy due to more advanced guidance systems that can engage targets beyond 3000 meters.
Shoulder-Fired Weapons Market Trends:
The increasing adoption of advanced weapons and significant growth in the military and defense sectors represents one of the major factors driving the demand for shoulder-fired weapons across the globe. The rising instances of armed conflicts, violence, and terrorism are supporting the market growth. Moreover, the growing investments by military and defense organizations in the upgradation of existing infrastructure to enhance national security are favoring the market growth. In addition, there is an increase in the adoption of man-portable air defense systems (MANPADS) and man-portable anti-tank systems that provide a massive advantage to armed forces by engaging targets without being concerned about the weight and accuracy of the strike by the weapon. Apart from this, key players are introducing smart shoulder-fired weapons that are embedded in electronic warfare (EW) systems to provide augmented reality (AR) information to operators. They are also integrating satellite guidance systems, artificial intelligence (AI), and machine learning (ML) that help military personnel deal with combatants on the battlefield and minimize the collateral damage, which, in turn, is creating a positive outlook for the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global shoulder-fired weapons market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on technology, range, assembly type, and application.
The report has also provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the shoulder-fired weapons market based on the technology. This includes guided and unguided. According to the report, guided technology represented the largest segment.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the shoulder-fired weapons market based on the range has also been provided. This includes short, medium, and long range. According to the report, the medium range accounted for the largest market share.
Assembly Type Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the shoulder-fired weapons market based on the assembly type has also been provided in the report. This includes projectile and launcher. According to the report, projectile assembly accounted for the largest market share.
- Home Security
A detailed breakup and analysis of the shoulder-fired weapons market based on the application has also been provided. This includes defense, home security, and others. According to the report, the defense industry accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for shoulder-fired weapons. Some of the factors driving the North America shoulder-fired weapons market included the existence of the largest producers and considerable users of shoulder-fired weapons, the upgradation of existing infrastructure, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities to procure new weapons capable of AI-enabled warfare.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global shoulder-fired weapons market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Airtronic Usa LLC, Barrett, Lockheed Martin Corporation, MBDA, Nammo AS, Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd, Raytheon Technologies Corporation, Roketsen, Saab AB., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Technology, Range, Assembly Type, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Airtronic Usa LLC, Barrett, Lockheed Martin Corporation, MBDA, Nammo AS, Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd, Raytheon Technologies Corporation, Roketsen, Saab AB., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global shoulder-fired weapons market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global shoulder-fired weapons market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive shoulder-fired weapons markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the technology?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the range?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the assembly type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the competitive structure of the global shoulder-fired weapons market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global shoulder-fired weapons market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the shoulder-fired weapons market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global shoulder-fired weapons market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the shoulder-fired weapons industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.