The global silage additives market size reached US$ 1,957.9 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 2,549.7 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 3.9% during 2023-2028. The increasing consumption of animal nutrition, rising demand for dairy products, and the escalating need for enhancing animal yield represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Silage Additives Market Size in 2022
|US$ 1,957.9 Million
Silage Additives Market Forecast in 2028
|US$ 2,549.7 Million
|Silage Additives Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
Silage additives are added to fermented forage products made from grass, maize, and other crops to improve their quality, stability, and nutritional value. These additives aid in maintaining the preservation process through various inhibitors, such as non-protein nitrogen (NON) and propionates, to delay unwanted silage degradation. They also speed up and enhance the fermentation process and help break down complex carbohydrates, which increase the availability of nutrients and make silage more digestible and nutritious for livestock. Some of the commonly used silage additives include organic acids, mineral acids, enzymes, sugars, absorbents, and bacterial inoculants, such as homofermentative, heterofermentative, and combination products. At present, silage additives are widely used for crops, such as corn, alfalfa, sorghum, oats, rye, barley, wheat, clove, and forage grasses across the globe.
Silage Additives Market Trends:
At present, the increasing consciousness about health among people and rising awareness about the benefits of consuming animal nutrition represent one of the key factors positively influencing the market across the globe. In addition, silage additives increase nutrient recovery of the feed to improve the overall animal health and their well-being. Moreover, high-quality silage additives aid in promoting feed intake and improving animal yield, which is bolstering the market growth. Besides this, the growing global population is increasing the sales of meat, dairy, and other animal products. This, in turn, is catalyzing the demand for high-quality silage that can support animal health and productivity of the livestock. In addition, the widespread adoption of silage as a substitute for fresh fodder, along with the rising emphasis on environmental safety and sustainability, is contributing to the market growth. Apart from this, leading manufacturers are developing innovative silage additive blends of buffered formic acid and propionic acid, which are environment-friendly and possess minimal irritant and corrosive properties. Moreover, governments of various countries are introducing regulations to promote food safety and reduce the use of antibiotics in livestock production. Silage additives help in minimizing the risk of spoilage and improving the safety of feed, which is stimulating the growth of the market. Some of the other factors, such as increasing demand for premium quality animal protein among consumers, burgeoning e-commerce sector, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities, are stimulating the growth of the market worldwide.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global silage additives market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, form, function and silage crop.
- Organic Acids and Salts
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the silage additives market based on the type. This includes inoculants, organic acids and salts, enzymes, adsorbents, preservatives, and others. According to the report, inoculants represented the largest segment.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the silage additives market based on the form has also been provided in the report. This includes dry and liquid. According to the report, liquid accounted for the largest market share.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the silage additives market based on the function has also been provided in the report. This includes stimulation, inhibition, and others. According to the report, stimulation accounted for the largest market share.
Silage Crop Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the silage additives market based on the silage crop has also been provided in the report. This includes corn, alfalfa, sorghum, oats, barley, rye, and others. According to the report, corn accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America (the United States and Canada) was the largest market for silage additives. Some of the factors driving the North America silage additives market included the increasing consumption of animal nutrition, extensive R&D activities, high disposable incomes, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global silage additives market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include ADDCON GmbH (Esseco Group Srl), American Farm Products Inc., Archer-Daniels-Midland Company, BASF SE, BIOMIN GmbH (Koninklijke DSM N.V.), Chr. Hansen Holding A/S, Corteva Inc., Eastman Chemical Company, Josera GmbH & Co. KG, Lallemand Inc., Nutreco N.V., Schaumann BioEnergy Consult GmbH, Volac International Limited, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Form, Function, Silage Crop, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||ADDCON GmbH (Esseco Group Srl), American Farm Products Inc., Archer-Daniels-Midland Company, BASF SE, BIOMIN GmbH (Koninklijke DSM N.V.), Chr. Hansen Holding A/S, Corteva Inc., Eastman Chemical Company, Josera GmbH & Co. KG, Lallemand Inc., Nutreco N.V., Schaumann BioEnergy Consult GmbH and Volac International Limited
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global silage additives market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global silage additives market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global silage additives market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive silage additives market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the silage additives market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the foam?
- Which is the most attractive foam in the silage additives market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the function?
- Which is the most attractive function in the silage additives market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the silage crop?
- Which is the most attractive silage crop in the silage additives market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global silage additives market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global silage additives market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the silage additives market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global silage additives market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the silage additives industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.