The global smart textiles for military market size reached US$ 779.7 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 1728.4 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 13.7% during 2023-2028. The growing concerns regarding national security and the augmenting demand for efficient textiles that can provide critical capabilities in the field while ensuring soldier safety represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Smart textiles for military refer to specialty fabrics that incorporate electronic components and technology that provides additional functionalities to soldiers beyond the traditional textile properties. They have integrated electronic components, such as sensors, microphone and cameras, to enhance their functionality and provide enhanced safety. These fabrics or materials are characterized by enhanced durability, flexibility and light weight. In addition, these textiles can have additional features, such as communication capabilities, and protection against external agents. The inbuilt sensors and cameras used in smart clothes provide communication between soldiers or between soldiers and command centers, monitor the wearer's vital signs and physical activity, and alert them if dangerous elements are nearby. Smart textiles for military also provide several advantages, such as the effective streamlining of various military functions simultaneously, saving time and resources, and increased soldier mobility due to the integration of multiple functionalities into a single piece of clothing or equipment.
Smart Textiles for Military Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the augmenting demand for efficient textiles that can provide critical capabilities in the field while ensuring soldier safety. This can be attributed to the rising need for advanced military technologies with an enhanced focus on focus on soldier health and wellness. In line with this, the increasing adoption of lightweight and flexible smart textiles that can enhance soldier performance as well as comfort is also providing an impetus to the market. Moreover, the growing concerns regarding national security are resulting in continual upgradations in military gear, which, in turn, is resulting in an increased product demand. Continual technological developments in the manufacturing of various fabric materials and technologies for military applications, including conductive textiles, and nanotechnology, are also acting as another significant growth-inducing factor for the market. Besides this, considerable rise in investments from government agencies and defense organizations of several countries across the globe is also impacting the market positively. Furthermore, the increasing integration of the Internet of Things (IoT) technologies in smart textiles facilitating enhanced communication, situational awareness, and data analysis is also creating a positive outlook for the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include rapid digitization, rising geopolitical tensions, increasing military expenditure, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by the key players.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global smart textiles for military market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, application and end user.
- Passive Smart Textiles
- Active Smart Textiles
- Ultra-Smart Textile
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the smart textiles for military market based on the type. This includes passive smart textiles, active smart textiles, and ultra-smart textiles. According to the report, active smart textiles represented the largest segment.
- Health Monitoring and Diagnostics
- Energy Harvest
- Temperature Monitoring and Control
- Protection and Mobility
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the smart textiles for military market based on the application. This includes health monitoring and diagnostics, energy harvest, camouflage, temperature monitoring and control, and protection and mobility. According to the report, camouflage represented the largest segment.
End User Insights:
- Law Enforcement
A detailed breakup and analysis of the smart textiles for military market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes law enforcement, defense, and others.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for smart textiles for military. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific smart textiles for military market included increasing military expenditure, continual technological advancements, inflating disposable income levels, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global smart textiles for military market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Advanced Fabric Technology LLC, Directa Plus SpA, Noble Biomaterials Inc., Outlast Technologies GmbH, Schoeller Textil AG, TenCate Protective Fabrics, WL Gore & Associates Inc. etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Passive Smart Textiles, Active Smart Textiles, Ultra-Smart Textiles
||Health Monitoring and Diagnostics, Energy Harvest, Camouflage, Temperature Monitoring and Control, Protection and Mobility
|End Users Covered
||Law Enforcement, Defense, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Advanced Fabric Technology LLC, Directa Plus SpA, Noble Biomaterials Inc., Outlast Technologies GmbH, Schoeller Textil AG, TenCate Protective Fabrics, WL Gore & Associates Inc. etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global smart textiles for military market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global smart textiles for military market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global smart textiles for military market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive smart textiles for military market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the smart textiles for military market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the smart textiles for military market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the smart textiles for military market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global smart textiles for military market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global smart textiles for military market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the smart textiles for military market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global smart textiles for military market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the smart textiles for military industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.