According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “India Sports Nutrition Market: Industry, Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the India sports nutrition market reached a value of US$ 1.4 Billion in 2021. Sports nutrition includes various nutrient-rich food, drinks, and dietary supplements that help maintain a healthy diet for enhanced sports performance. Protein bars, granolas, oats, fruits, protein shakes, and multivitamins are some common sports nutrition products widely consumed by athletes and bodybuilders. These goods are rich in essential vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, and fats that act as a good source of energy. Sports nutrition aids in achieving fitness goals, improving body composition, increasing endurance, maintaining strength, enhancing overall performance during high-intensity activities, and weight management. It also assists in reducing the effects of injury, fatigue, and delayed recovery post-trauma.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
India Sports Nutrition Market Trends:
The increasing participation in recreational sports, fitness, and athletic activities are among the key factors driving the market's growth in India. Sports nutrition products are widely consumed by athletes and non-athletes to meet the high nutritional requirements in the body. In line with this, the shifting preferences among individuals toward an active lifestyle due to hectic and sedentary lifestyles and the growing prevalence of lifestyle diseases, such as obesity and diabetes, are favoring the market growth. Apart from this, the introduction of vegan, plant-based, and organic protein powders, dietary supplements, and nutraceutical products due to the rising awareness about the harmful impacts of synthetic ingredients is providing an impetus to the market growth. Additionally, key players are introducing innovative product variants with sugar alternatives to expand their consumer reach, which, in turn, is augmenting the market growth. Besides this, the growing influence of social media, the rising number of gyms and fitness centers, increasing consumer expenditure capacities, and easy availability of nutritional supplements, owing to the burgeoning e-commerce sector, are supporting the market growth across the country. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 2.4 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 9% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into sports food, drinks, and supplements.
- On the basis of the raw material, the market has been categorized into animal-derived, plant-based, and mixed.
- Based on the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been divided into hypermarkets and supermarkets, convenience stores, drug and specialty stores, online, and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been categorized into North, West and Central, South, and East India.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Avid Nutrilabs, Glanbia Performance Nutrition India Pvt. Ltd., Guardian Healthcare Services Private Limited, Herbalife Nutrition India (Herbalife International of America Inc.), NUTRAMARC Sports Nutrition & Company, Olympia Nutrition, Otsuka Pharmaceutical India Pvt. Ltd., PepsiCo Inc., QNT Sport India Pvt. Ltd., Smart Nutrition Products Pvt Ltd., Sports Nutrition Technology, Steadfast Nutrition and The Coca-Cola Company.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal