The global sterilization indicator tape market size reached US$ 134.85 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 176.2 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.50% during 2023-2028. The rising adoption of new sterilization techniques and materials in healthcare settings for infection control, increasing product use in autoclaving and steam sterilization processes, and emerging applications across research facilities, laboratories, and dental clinics represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Sterilization indicator tapes are adhesive tapes designed to monitor and indicate if a specific item has been exposed to sterilization conditions. They usually comprise a chemical indicator that changes color in the presence of the proper amount of heat or steam used to sterilize equipment and supplies in medical and laboratory settings. This change in the color of the indicator on tapes is commonly utilized to verify if an item has been properly sterilized. They are widely available in the market in chemical and biological indicator tape variants. While chemical indicator tapes are used before steam or ethylene oxide (EO) sterilization and indicate the completion of the process with the change of color, other indicator tapes might display some other changes in biological characteristics depending on the autoclaving methods. At present, sterilization indicator tapes find extensive applications in healthcare, pharmaceuticals & biotechnology, and food and beverage industries across the globe.
Sterilization Indicator Tape Market Trends:
In recent years, there has been a surge in the adoption of new sterilization techniques and materials in hospitals and healthcare facilities for infection control and purifying surgical instruments, such as lancets, forceps, and scalpels. This, coupled with the rising utilization of chemical and biological indicators that indicate the completion of the sterilization process or the processing of the package, represents the primary factor driving the market growth. Moreover, the increasing deployment of sterilization indicator tapes in autoclaving and steam sterilization methods has catalyzed market growth. Additionally, there is a rise in product usage across the food and beverage (F&B) industry to maintain hygiene and minimize the chances of contamination. In line with this, the growing adoption of sterilization indicator tapes by pharmaceutical and medical device companies for maintaining the quality of products is positively influencing the market. Furthermore, various key players are investing heavily in research and development (R&D) activities to improve the reliability, accuracy, and ease of use of sterilization indicator tapes. Apart from this, the emerging product applications across research facilities, laboratories, and dental clinics are also providing a positive impact on market growth. Besides this, the escalating need for sterilization products in the healthcare industry due to rising incidences of hospital-acquired infections (HAIs) among patients is contributing to market growth. Other major factors propelling the market growth include the increasing number of surgeries, significant improvements in healthcare infrastructure, continual product innovations, and favorable government initiatives promoting the uptake of sterile products.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global sterilization indicator tape market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type and end user.
- Steam Indicator Tapes
- Hydrogen Peroxide Tapes
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the sterilization indicator tape market based on the type. This includes steam indicator tapes and hydrogen peroxide tapes.
End User Insights:
- Healthcare Facilities
- Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Companies
A detailed breakup and analysis of the sterilization indicator tape market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes healthcare facilities, pharmaceutical and medical device companies, and others.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global sterilization indicator tape market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include 3M Company, 4A Medical, Advanced Sterilization Products Inc. (Fortive Corporation), Brand Gmbh + Co. Kg, Excelsior Scientific Ltd, Guangdong New Era New Materials Technology Co. Ltd., Healthmark Industries Company Inc., Kartell S.p.A, PMS Healthcare Technologies, Shinva Medical Instrument Co. Ltd., Steris PLC, Young Mydent LLC (Young Innovations Inc.), etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
||Steam Indicator Tapes, Hydrogen Peroxide Tapes
|End Users Covered
||Healthcare Facilities, Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Companies, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||3M Company, 4A Medical, Advanced Sterilization Products Inc. (Fortive Corporation), Brand Gmbh + Co. Kg, Excelsior Scientific Ltd, Guangdong New Era New Materials Technology Co. Ltd., Healthmark Industries Company Inc., Kartell S.p.A, PMS Healthcare Technologies, Shinva Medical Instrument Co. Ltd., Steris PLC, Young Mydent LLC (Young Innovations Inc.), etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global sterilization indicator tape market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global sterilization indicator tape market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global sterilization indicator tape market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive sterilization indicator tape market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the sterilization indicator tape market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the sterilization indicator tape market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global sterilization indicator tape market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global sterilization indicator tape market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the sterilization indicator tape market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global sterilization indicator tape market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the sterilization indicator tape industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.