The global still images market size reached US$ 1.64 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach, US$ 2.56 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 7.60% during 2023-2028. The growing demand for visual content across the various industries and platforms, rising digital media and social networking, and proliferation of smartphones and digital cameras, represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Still images refer to static visual representations of a moment or scene captured by a camera, which can be viewed or displayed in various formats, such as prints, digital images, slides, or negatives. These images can be of various genres, including photography, painting, or graphic design, and can capture various subjects, including landscapes, portraits, still life, or abstract art. Still images are an essential medium for communication, documentation, art, and entertainment, as they can convey emotions, ideas, and messages through composition, lighting, colors, and perspective. They can also be edited, manipulated, or enhanced using various software tools, such as Adobe Photoshop or GIMP, to achieve different effects or improve quality.
Still Images Market Trends:
One of the primary factors driving the market is the growing demand for visual content across various industries and platforms, such as advertising, media, education, and e-commerce. Additionally, due to the rise of digital media and social networking, businesses and individuals are increasingly using still images to convey their message and engage their audience, thus creating a positive market outlook. Other than this, the proliferation of smartphones and digital cameras has enabled more people to capture and share still images, thus fueling the demand for high-quality, diverse, and accessible visual content. This, in turn, is positively influencing the market growth. Besides this, technological advancements have made it easier and more affordable to produce, store, and distribute still images, expanding the market’s reach and potential. For instance, cloud-based storage and sharing services, such as Google Photos and Dropbox, have made it easier to access and share images from any device, while stock photography websites, such as Shutterstock and Getty Images, offer a vast selection of licensed images for commercial and editorial use. In line with this, the emergence of new formats, such as virtual and augmented reality, is creating new opportunities for still images to be used in immersive and interactive applications. Furthermore, the market is impelled by evolving trends and preferences in aesthetics, style, and cultural norms, which shape the demand for certain types of images and influence the creative choices of photographers, artists, and designers.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global still images market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, image type, and application.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the still images market based on the type. This includes BMP, TIF, GIF, JPEG, and others. According to the report, JPEG represented the largest market segment.
Image Type Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the still images market based on the image type. This includes photos and others. According to the report, photos represented the largest market segment.
- Royalty free (RF)
- Right managed (RM)
A detailed breakup and analysis of the still images market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes royalty free and right managed. According to the report, right managed (RM) accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for still images. Some of the factors driving the North America still images market included growing demand for visual content, availability of stock images, and changing consumer preferences.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global still images market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Adobe Inc., Alamy Ltd., Can Stock Photo Inc., Depositphotos Inc. (Vistaprint), Dreamstime, Envato Pty Ltd., Fotosearch LLC, Getty Images Inc., Inmagines Lab Pte. Ltd., Pixta Inc., Shutterstock Inc., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||BMP, TIF, GIF, JPEG, Others
|Image Types Covered
||Royalty free (RF), Right managed (RM)
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Adobe Inc., Alamy Ltd., Can Stock Photo Inc., Depositphotos Inc. (Vistaprint), Dreamstime, Envato Pty Ltd., Fotosearch LLC, Getty Images Inc., Inmagines Lab Pte. Ltd., Pixta Inc., Shutterstock Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global still images market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global still images market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global still images market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive still images market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the still images market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the image type?
- Which is the most attractive image type in the still images market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the still images market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global still images market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global still images market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the still images market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global still images market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the still images industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.