IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Indian Textile and Apparel Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the Indian textile and apparel market size reached US$ 151.2 Billion in 2021. Textile refers to woven fabrics made up of plant- or animal-based materials like cotton, silk, wool, and polyester. On the other hand, apparel includes innerwear and outerwear worn by individuals to protect, adorn and wrap their bodies. These materials are produced using comfortable and breathable fabric, fibers and yarn derived from natural and synthetic sources. They are widely available in various materials and colors and are further used in manufacturing clothing, upholstery and other accessories.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Indian Textile and Apparel Market Trends:
The abundant availability of raw materials, such as cotton, jute, and silk, coupled with the comparatively low cost of manufacturing textile and apparel due to cheap labor costs, represents the primary factor driving the market growth in India. Additionally, several initiatives undertaken by the Government of India, such as the introduction of the Scheme for Integrated Textile Parks (SITP) and the Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme (TUFS), for training the workforce and encouraging private investments in the textile sector have catalyzed the market growth. Shifting consumer preferences from need-based clothing toward aspiration-based clothing and widespread adoption of the emerging fast-fashion trend, especially by the young population are acting as other major growth-inducing factors. The growing usage of eco-friendly enzyme-based treatment processes in textile production, rising consumer expenditure on clothing, and the expanding e-commerce sector offering premium apparel at affordable price-points are some of the other factors creating a positive outlook for the market across the country. On account of these factors, the market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 14.8% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the raw material, the market has been classified into natural and man-made fibers. Currently, natural fibers represent the largest market segment.
- On the basis of the application, clothing textiles account for the majority of the overall market share. Other major segments are followed by technical, fashion, home-décor, and other textiles.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segregated into yarn, fabric, fiber, and others. Amongst these, yarn represents the most popular product type.
- State-wise, Maharashtra exhibits a clear dominance in the market. Other major states include Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Karnataka, and others.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Welspun Group, Vardhman Group, Alok Industries Ltd., Raymond Ltd., Bombay Dyeing and Garden Silk Mills Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800