The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Africa Tissue Paper Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the Africa tissue paper market size is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.5% during 2022-2027. Tissue paper is a lightweight paper product that is manufactured from the pulp of virgin or recycled paper materials such as cardboard, newspaper, and cartons. It is widely used for cleaning, cooking, and wiping applications across household and industrial sectors. Tissue paper is biodegradable, cost-effective, highly absorbent, soft and stretchable compared to cloth wipes. As a result, tissue papers are widely utilized as facial tissue, paper towel, wrapping paper, bathroom tissue, table napkin, acoustic disruptor, road repair, and packing.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Africa Tissue Paper Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the growing awareness regarding personal care and sanitation across Africa. Rapid urbanization and the improving living standards of individuals are also fueling the market growth. Besides this, governmental and non-governmental agencies across Africa are taking initiatives to introduce sanitation programs for creating awareness regarding health and hygiene among people. This has led to a significant rise in the adoption of tissue papers across the country. Tissue papers are also increasingly recommended by healthcare and medical workers instead of clothes as they can be easily disposed of and are less prone to transmit infections. In addition, manufacturers are producing different colored tissue paper products that are eco-friendly, recyclable, and contain sustainably-sourced fibers, thus creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, advancements in tissue manufacturing technology and efficient use of raw materials that improve the design of tissue products are also positively escalating the demand for tissue papers in the region.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into facial tissue, paper towel, paper napkin, bath and toilet tissues, wrapping tissue, and others.
- On the basis of the raw material, the market has been classified into woodfree pulp, wood-containing pulp, and recovered paper.
- The market has been categorized based on the distribution channel into supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, departmental stores, online stores, and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segregated into residential and commercial.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into South Africa, Nigeria, Egypt, Algeria, Kenya, and others.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Corruseal Group, Kimberly-Clark Worldwide Inc., Mondi PLC, Mpact Group, Must Paper Industries (PTY) Limited, Nova Papers (Pty) Limited, Procter & Gamble SA (Pty) Limited, Sappi Southern Africa Limited, Twinsaver Group, and Universal Paper & Plastics.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145
Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331
Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800