The 7 major Turner syndrome markets are expected to exhibit a CAGR of 7.28% during 2023-2033.
The Turner syndrome market has been comprehensively analyzed in IMARC's new report titled "Turner Syndrome Market: Epidemiology, Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2033". Turner Syndrome is a genetic condition that involves a partial or complete absence of one of the two X chromosomes in females. Common features include short stature, delayed or absent puberty, webbed neck, low hairline at the back of the neck, widely spaced nipples, small or underdeveloped breasts, skeletal abnormalities, such as a broad chest and short fourth metacarpal bones, lymphedema (swelling) of the hands and feet, and infertility due to ovarian dysfunction. Other potential manifestations include cardiac abnormalities, kidney problems, hearing loss, and certain learning and social difficulties. Diagnosing Turner syndrome typically involves a combination of clinical evaluation, physical examination, and genetic testing. Medical professionals may consider a person's physical characteristics, growth patterns, and developmental milestones to assess for signs of Turner syndrome. The gold standard for diagnosis is karyotyping, a laboratory test that analyzes the chromosomes from a blood sample to identify the absence or partial absence of one X chromosome. Hormonal analysis, imaging studies (e.g., ultrasound, echocardiography), and comprehensive medical evaluations are also performed to assess the individual's specific health concerns and associated conditions.
The rising cases of structural abnormalities of the X chromosome, which disrupt the normal functioning of genes, are primarily driving the Turner syndrome market. Besides this, the widespread adoption of estrogen replacement therapy to initiate the development of secondary sexual characteristics and promote optimal bone health in patients is acting as another significant growth-inducing factor. Additionally, the escalating demand for assisted reproductive technologies services and associated technologies, including cryopreservation, genetic screening, embryo selection, etc., among females with Turner syndrome who face challenges with fertility due to ovarian dysfunction is further bolstering the market growth. Apart from this, the increasing utilization of chromosomal microarray analysis (CMA) for disease diagnosis on account of its ability to detect small chromosomal deletions or duplications that may not be detected by traditional karyotyping is also creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, the ongoing advancements in cardiac intervention techniques, such as the introduction of balloon angioplasty, which have improved outcomes in managing aortic coarctation and optimizing cardiovascular function, is expected to drive the Turner syndrome market in the coming years.
IMARC Group's new report provides an exhaustive analysis of the Turner syndrome market in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan. This includes treatment practices, in-market, and pipeline drugs, share of individual therapies, market performance across the seven major markets, market performance of key companies and their drugs, etc. The report also provides the current and future patient pool across the seven major markets. According to the report the United States has the largest patient pool for Turner syndrome and also represents the largest market for its treatment. Furthermore, the current treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, challenges, opportunities, reimbursement scenario and unmet medical needs, etc. have also been provided in the report. This report is a must-read for manufacturers, investors, business strategists, researchers, consultants, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the Turner syndrome market in any manner.
Time Period of the Study
- Base Year: 2022
- Historical Period: 2017-2022
- Market Forecast: 2023-2033
- United States
- United Kingdom
Analysis Covered Across Each Country
- Historical, current, and future epidemiology scenario
- Historical, current, and future performance of the Turner syndrome market
- Historical, current, and future performance of various therapeutic categories in the market
- Sales of various drugs across the Turner syndrome market
- Reimbursement scenario in the market
- In-market and pipeline drugs
This report also provides a detailed analysis of the current Turner syndrome marketed drugs and late-stage pipeline drugs.
- Drug Overview
- Mechanism of Action
- Regulatory status
- Clinical trial results
- Drug uptake and market performance
Late-Stage Pipeline Drugs
- Drug Overview
- Mechanism of Action
- Regulatory Status
- Clinical Trial Results
- Drug Uptake and Market Performance
||Eli Lilly and Company
*Kindly note that the drugs in the above table only represent a partial list of marketed/pipeline drugs, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
- How has the Turner syndrome market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the markets shares of various therapeutic segments in 2022 and how are they expected to perform till 2033?
- What was the country-wise size of the Turner syndrome market across the seven major markets in 2022 and what will it look like in 2033?
- What is the growth rate of the Turner syndrome market across the seven major markets and what will be the expected growth over the next ten years?
- What are the key unmet needs in the market?
- What is the number of prevalent cases (2017-2033) of Turner syndrome across the seven major markets?
- What is the number of prevalent cases (2017-2033) of Turner syndrome by age across the seven major markets?
- What is the number of prevalent cases (2017-2033) of Turner syndrome by type across the seven major markets?
- How many patients are diagnosed (2017-2033) with Turner syndrome across the seven major markets?
- What is the size of the Turner syndrome patient pool (2017-2022) across the seven major markets?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool (2023-2033) across the seven major markets?
- What are the key factors driving the epidemiological trend of Turner syndrome?
- What will be the growth rate of patients across the seven major markets?
Turner Syndrome: Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs and Emerging Therapies
- What are the current marketed drugs and what are their market performance?
- What are the key pipeline drugs and how are they expected to perform in the coming years?
- How safe are the current marketed drugs and what are their efficacies?
- How safe are the late-stage pipeline drugs and what are their efficacies?
- What are the current treatment guidelines for Turner syndrome drugs across the seven major markets?
- Who are the key companies in the market and what are their market shares?
- What are the key mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities, collaborations, etc. related to the Turner syndrome market?
- What are the key regulatory events related to the Turner syndrome market?
- What is the structure of clinical trial landscape by status related to the Turner syndrome market?
- What is the structure of clinical trial landscape by phase related to the Turner syndrome market?
- What is the structure of clinical trial landscape by route of administration related to the Turner syndrome market?