As per the latest report by IMARC Group, entitled “UAE Weight Loss Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, the UAE weight loss market reached a value of US$ 960 Million in 2021. The UAE has one of the highest per-capita incomes around the world and a significant part of the population lives a modern, and fast-paced lifestyle with minimal physical activity and high consumption of unhealthy food. In recent years, rising health concerns among individuals and the emerging trend of joining gyms and wellness centers have catalyzed the demand for weight management products as well as services in the country.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
UAE Weight Loss Market Trends:
A rise in the number of cafes, takeaway restaurants, fast-food chains, convenience outlets, and online food delivery options has resulted in easy availability of snacks and high-calorie processed foods in the UAE. Increasing consumption of these products has led to soaring obesity rates which represents a driving factor of the UAE weight loss market. Further, as the temperature in the region is extremely high during most of the year, it limits people from actively participating in outdoor activities like cycling and jogging. This is strengthening the demand for weight loss products and services in the region. However, in comparison with western clothes, the traditional attire of the Emiratis includes loose and flowy garments, such as the dish-dash or abayas, which hides excess weight. Owing to this, a significant part of the population does not seek assistance for weight management. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 1,430 Million by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 6.79% during 2022-2027.
- Based on diets, the market has been classified into supplements, meals and beverages. Presently, supplements account for the majority of the total market share as they provide additional nutrients to the body. Moreover, they aid in improving the overall strength, endurance and performance of muscles.
- On the basis of equipment, the market has been bifurcated into fitness (cardio vascular equipment, strength training equipment and others) and surgical equipment (minimally invasive/bariatric equipment and non-invasive equipment). Currently, fitness equipment dominates the market, holding the biggest share on account of the growing number of gyms and fitness centers in the country.
- Based on services, the UAE weight loss market report has been segregated into fitness centers and health clubs, consulting services, surgical clinics, online weight loss programs and others. Amongst these, fitness centers and health clubs represent the leading segment.
- On the basis of gender, men account for the majority of the market share owing to a large male population in the country.
- On the basis of age groups, the market has been categorized into consumers between 31 to 60 years of age, between 15 to 30 years, above 60 years, and below 15 years. At present, consumers between 31 to 60 years of age hold the highest market share.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined in the report along with a detailed list of the key players operating in the industry.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Tel No: +1-631-791-1145
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal