The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “United States 3D Printing Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” finds that the United States 3D printing market exhibited a CAGR of around 25% during 2015-2020. 3D printing, or additive manufacturing, refers to the technology that creates objects, patterns, and components using software and 3D printers. It offers a wide range of opportunities to produce and design novel architectural forms, construction systems, and materials. It allows manufacturers to develop an innovative, faster, and agile method of product development and production. 3D printing makes use of materials such as polymers, metals, and ceramics that can be made into complex manufacturing designs with ease. As a result, 3D printing is increasingly employed across consumer electronics, healthcare, automobile, and aerospace industries.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
United States 3D Printing Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the easy availability of materials and increasing applications of 3D printing in diverse industries. For instance, the significantly growing automotive industry uses on demand 3D printing to produce customized functional parts. In addition to this, it is extensively employed in the healthcare industry to manufacture medical components and tools, and helps in minimizing the maintenance cost in the long run. It is also utilized to make hearing aids shells, braces, and tooth implants. Besides this, 3D printing is gaining popularity as it offers a reduction in errors, decreases development cost and time and the ability to build customized products. Furthermore, extensive research and development (R&D) activities to launch advanced metal 3D printing technologies are also positively influencing the market growth across the country. Looking forward, the market is expected to continue its robust growth during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the technology, the market has been segmented into stereolithography, fused deposition modeling, selective laser sintering, electron beam melting, laminated object manufacturing and others.
- On the basis of the process, the market has been classified into binder jetting, directed energy deposition, material extrusion, material jetting, powder bed fusion, sheet lamination, and others.
- The market has been categorized based on the component into printer (desktop and industrial printers), material (polymers, metals and alloys, ceramic and others), software and services (3D scanning, designing, prototype development and others).
- On the basis of the vertical, the market has been classified into consumer products, industrial, aerospace and defense, automotive, healthcare, education and research, others.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into prototyping, tooling, and functional part manufacturing.
- The market is categorized based on the end-user into consumer products, machinery, healthcare, aerospace, automobile, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into Northeast, Midwest, South and West.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being 3D Systems Inc., Autodesk Inc., Envisiontec Inc., Formlabs Inc., General Electric Company, HP Inc., Materialise USA LLC, Optomec Inc., Organovo Holdings Inc., Sciaky Inc. (Phillips Service Industries Inc.), Stratasys Inc. (Stratasys Ltd.), The Exone Company and Ultimaker North America.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA – Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800