The United States esports market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 11.23% during 2023-2028 The increasing popularity of e-sports, the significant investments and sponsorships from diverse stakeholders, and the emerging technological advancements to improve the gaming experience and make esports more accessible and appealing represent some of the key factors propelling the market.
Electronic sports or esports is a form of competitive video gaming where professional players or teams compete against each other in numerous video game titles. It is evolved from a niche hobby to a phenomenon, attracting millions of participants and spectators. Esports competitions are organized at grassroots and professional levels, featuring several genres such as first-person shooters, real-time strategy, battle royales, and sports simulations. Additionally, live streaming platforms such as Twitch and YouTube Gaming facilitate easy access for fans to watch their favored players and teams in action. It includes sponsorships, advertising, merchandise sales, and broadcasting rights and investments from major corporations, media networks, and sports franchises. Esports athletes, or professional gamers, can earn substantial incomes through tournament winnings and endorsement deals. The establishment of various international competitions, such as the International for Dota 2 and the League of Legends world championship, draws enormous audiences and provides significant prize pools, further solidifying esports legitimacy as a competitive sport. It also presents opportunities for players, organizations, game developers, content creators, and businesses seeking to engage with the gaming community.
United States Esports Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by increasing viewership and audience engagement. In addition, esports events are now broadcasted through various online streaming platforms, reaching a diverse and vast audience base, thus influencing market growth. In line with this, the ease of access to esports content through platforms including Twitch, YouTube Gaming, and Facebook Gaming significantly contributes to its popularity, attracting hardcore gamers, casual viewers, and individuals seeking unique entertainment experiences, thus augmenting the market growth. Moreover, the growing investments and sponsorships from leading brands and companies are essential in fueling the esports market's growth in the United States. Along with this, major corporations from diverse sectors such as technology, consumer goods, and automotive recognize esports' immense potential as a powerful marketing tool to reach the younger demographic, thus representing another major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, businesses are tapping into the enthusiastic esports community and use their brands in a digitally connected and influential space by sponsoring esports teams, tournaments, or individual players, thus accelerating market growth. Also, the growing number of esports tournaments and events is escalating the demand for advanced gaming arenas and venues, leading to the development of dedicated esports infrastructure, thus contributing to market growth. Apart from this, several cities across the country are investing in purpose-built esports stadiums and gaming centers, creating a welcoming environment for players and spectators while enhancing the esports experience but contributing to local economies by attracting tourists and generating revenue from ticket sales and concessions, thus providing a positive thrust to the market growth. Furthermore, the rise of mobile esports, with the widespread availability of high-end smartphones, is resulting in esports organizations forming mobile-specific teams, and major esports tournaments are introducing mobile gaming categories, attracting a broader audience and breaking traditional barriers to entry for esports enthusiasts, thus creating a positive market outlook.
United States Esports Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the United States esports market report, along with forecasts at the country level for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on the revenue model, platforms, and games.
Revenue Model Insights:
- Media Rights
- Advertising and Sponsorships
- Merchandise and Tickets
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the revenue model. This includes media rights, advertising and sponsorships, merchandise and tickets, and others.
- PC-based Esports
- Consoles-based Esports
- Mobile and Tablets
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the platform. This includes pc-based esports, consoles-based esports, and mobile and tablets.
- Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA)
- Player vs Players (PvP)
- First Person Shooters (FPS)
- Real Time Strategy (RTS)
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the games has also been provided in the report. This includes multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA), player vs players (PVP), first-person shooters (FPS), and real-time strategy (RTS).
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include the Northeast, Midwest, South, and West.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
United States Esports Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Revenue Model
|Revenue Models Covered
||Media Rights, Advertising and Sponsorships, Merchandise and Tickets, Others
||PC-based Esports, Consoles-based Esports, Mobile and Tablets
||Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA), Player vs Players (PvP), First Person Shooters (FPS), Real Time Strategy (RTS)
||Northeast, Midwest, South, West
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the United States esports market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the United States esports market?
- What is the breakup of the United States esports market on the basis of revenue model?
- What is the breakup of the United States esports market on the basis of platform?
- What is the breakup of the United States esports market on the basis of games?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the United States esports market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the United States esports market?
- What is the structure of the United States esports market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the United States esports market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the United States esports market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the United States esports market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assists stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the United States esports industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.