The United States foreign exchange market is expected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.80% during 2023-2028. The changing interest rates, the increasing economic growth of the country, the implementation of favorable monetary policies, and changing commodity prices, such as oil, gold, or agricultural products, represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Foreign exchange, often abbreviated as Forex or FX, refers to the global market where currencies are bought and sold. It involves the exchange of one currency for another at an agreed-upon rate. The foreign exchange market is decentralized and operates 24 hours a day, five days a week. It enables businesses to convert the payment received in foreign currencies back into their domestic currency. It also provides opportunities for investors and speculators to profit from currency fluctuations. Traders can buy a currency if they believe it will appreciate or sell it if they anticipate depreciation. The foreign exchange market operates in a decentralized manner, with no central exchange or physical location. Instead, it is an over the counter (OTC) market, meaning that trading is conducted electronically between participants through computer networks. Major financial centers, including London, New York, Tokyo, and Singapore, serve as hubs for foreign exchange trading. As a result, foreign exchange serves as a crucial component of the global financial system, facilitating international trade, investment, and capital flows. It provides opportunities for participants to profit from currency fluctuations, manage risks, and diversify portfolios.
United States Foreign Exchange Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the monetary policy decisions of the US Federal Reserve (Fed). Interest rate changes, quantitative easing programs, and forward guidance impact the value of the U.S. dollar, thus influencing the market. Besides, the performance of the US economy relative to other countries is also affecting the forex market. Factors such as GDP growth, inflation, employment data, and consumer sentiment influence currency values and attract foreign investors, leading to a stronger US dollar. In addition, the implementation of favorable monetary policies represents another major growth-inducing factor. The U.S. Federal Reserve's monetary policy decisions, including changes in interest rates, quantitative easing programs, and forward guidance, impact currency values. Moreover, ongoing technological advancements is also positively influencing the market. The use of electronic trading platforms, algorithmic trading, and high-frequency trading continues to increase. These advancements enhance market liquidity, efficiency, and accessibility, influencing the speed and volume of forex transactions. Furthermore, the growing prominence of cryptocurrencies and digital assets is also creating a favorable market outlook. The rise of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin has introduced new dynamics. Investors' interest, market sentiment, and regulatory developments surrounding digital assets can affect risk appetite and potentially influence currency valuations. Apart from this, the market is also propelled by the developing stock markets, bond yields, and commodity prices that are influencing foreign exchange rates. Interactions between these markets create correlations that impact currency values.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the United States foreign exchange market report, along with forecasts at the country level for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on counterparty and type.
- Reporting Dealers
- Other Financial Institutions
- Non-financial Customers
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the United States Foreign Exchange market based on the counterparty. This includes reporting dealers, other financial institutions, and non financial customers.
- Currency Swap
- Outright Forward and FX Swaps
- FX Options
A detailed breakup and analysis of the United States foreign exchange market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes currency swap, outright forward and FX swaps, and FX options.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Northeast, Midwest, South, and West.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the United States Foreign Exchange market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
||Reporting Dealers, Other Financial Institutions, Non-financial Customers
||Currency Swap, Outright Forward and FX Swaps, FX Options
||Northeast, Midwest, South, West
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the United States foreign exchange market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the United States foreign exchange market?
- What is the breakup of the United States foreign exchange market on the basis of counterparty?
- What is the breakup of the United States foreign exchange market on the basis of types?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the United States foreign exchange market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the United States foreign exchange market?
- What is the structure of the United States Foreign Exchange market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the United States foreign exchange market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the United States foreign exchange market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the United States Foreign Exchange market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the United States Foreign Exchange industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.