The United States microdisplay market size reached US$ 711 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 2,025 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 18.3% during 2023-2028.
A microdisplay refers to a small-sized screen with a diagonal size less than two inches. It is utilized in rear-projection television (TVs), head-mounted displays (HMDs), head-up displays (HUDs), data projector, Near-to-Eye (NTE) devices and viewfinders in digital cameras. A microdisplay can be either transmissive or reflective in type, depending on their mode of transmission of light through the display unit. The transmissive microdisplays are generally used in backlit laptop screens, while the reflective microdisplays are used in Digital Light Processing (DLP) projects.
The United States microdisplay market is primarily driven by the increasing use of microdisplays in various industries such as military and defense, consumer electronics, and healthcare. They are extensively used in these sectors due to their high resolution, excellent picture quality, low power consumption and compact size. The rapid advancements in display technology represent another factor propelling the growth of the market. For instance, next-generation display technologies such as optical waveguides and MEMS-based laser scanning allow HUD manufacturers to reduce the size of HUDs. Furthermore, the increasing popularity of augmented/ virtual reality (AR/VR) enabled devices, coupled with the development of high-definition and ultra-high-definition microdisplay screens, have also increased the demand for microdisplays across the country.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the United States microdisplay market report, along with forecasts at the country and regional level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, technology, resolution, brightness and end user.
Breakup by Product:
- Near-To-Eye (NTE) Devices
- Head-Up Display (HUD)
Breakup by Technology:
- Liquid Crystal Display (LCD)
- Liquid Crystal on Silicon (LCOS)
- Organic Light-Emitting Diode (OLED)
- Digital Light Processing (DLP)
Breakup by Resolution:
- Lower Than HD
- Higher Than FHD
Breakup by Brightness:
- Less Than 500 Nits
- 500–1,000 Nits
- More Than 1,000 Nits
Breakup by End User:
- Industrial and Enterprise
- Military, Defense, and Aerospace
- Sports and Entertainment
- Retail and Hospitality
Breakup by Region:
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
|Base Year of the Analysis
Scope of the Report
Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- End User
||Near-To-Eye (NTE) Devices, Head-Up Display (HUD), Projector, Others
||Liquid Crystal Display (LCD), Liquid Crystal on Silicon (LCOS), Organic Light-Emitting Diode (OLED), Digital Light Processing (DLP)
||Lower Than HD, HD, FHD, Higher Than FHD
||Less Than 500 Nits, 500–1,000 Nits, More Than 1,000 Nits
|End Users Covered
||Consumer, Industrial and Enterprise, Automotive, Military, Defense, and Aerospace, Sports and Entertainment, Retail and Hospitality, Medical, Education, Others
||Northeast, Midwest, South, West
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the United States microdisplay market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the United States microdisplay market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the technology?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the resolution?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the brightness?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the United States microdisplay market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?