The United States railroad market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.80% during 2023-2028. The growing focus on upgrading and expanding passenger rail services, expansion of industrial and manufacturing sectors, and considerable reliance on e-commerce platforms represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Railroad refers to the steel tracks that are on the roadbed for facilitating transportation of passengers and goods from one place to another. It includes tracks, stations, and various equipment, such as railroad cars, signals, and switches. It is more energy-efficient and environment-friendly as compared to other forms of transport, including cars and planes, especially for long distances and large cargo. It helps alleviate road congestion, provides a comfortable and efficient means of transport, and offers better safety records than roadways and airways. It can operate in harsh weather conditions than trucks or airplanes and results in fewer weather-related delays. Additionally, it provides predictable arrival and departure times. It is widely used in the forestry and mining industries for transporting raw materials to processing facilities. Moreover, it stimulates infrastructure development projects, enables the growth and development of new regions, and facilitates trade and industry expansion.
United States Railroad Market Trends:
The continuous growth in the industrial and manufacturing sectors currently represents one of the key factors increasing the need for freight transportation in the United States. Additionally, the expansion of high-speed rail projects is contributing to the growth of the market in the country. Apart from this, there is a growing trend to upgrade and expand passenger rail services, which is offering a favorable market outlook. Furthermore, there is a rise in fuel prices, which is encouraging individuals to opt for railways as it is more fuel-efficient than other modes of transportation in the country. Additionally, a considerable reliance on e-commerce platforms for purchasing essential and non-essential goods is catalyzing the demand for rail freight services. Moreover, the growing emphasis on environmental sustainability and the introduction of green energy initiatives and reducing carbon emissions to support environmental health is creating a positive market outlook in the US. Additionally, the integration of rail with other modes of transportation for a seamless transport experience is supporting the growth of the railroad market in the United States. Along with this, the introduction of various technological advancements that improve safety and reduce accidents are making railways more attractive options for passenger and freight transport.
United States Railroad Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the United States railroad market report, along with forecasts at the country level for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, distance, and end use.
- Rail Freight
- Passenger Rail
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the type has also been provided in the report. This includes rail freight and passenger rail.
- Long Distance
- Short Distance
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the distance. This includes long distance and short distance.
End Use Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the end use has also been provided in the report. This includes mining, construction, agriculture, and others.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include the Northeast, Midwest, South, and West.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the United States railroad market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
United States Railroad Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- End Use
||Rail Freight, Passenger Rail
||Long Distance, Short Distance
|End Uses Covered
||Mining, Construction, Agriculture, Others
||Northeast, Midwest, South, West
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the United States railroad market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the United States railroad market?
- What is the breakup of the United States railroad market on the basis of type?
- What is the breakup of the United States railroad market on the basis of distance?
- What is the breakup of the United States railroad market on the basis of end use?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the United States railroad market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the United States railroad market?
- What is the structure of the United States railroad market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the United States railroad market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the United States railroad market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the United States railroad market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the United States railroad industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.