The United States semiconductor market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.50% during 2023-2028. Rapid technological advancements, increasing product utilization in manufacturing consumer electronics, rising adoption of hybrid and electric vehicles (EVs), and growing product demand for manufacturing medical devices represent some of the key factors driving the market.
A semiconductor is a substance that exhibits electrical conductivity between those of conductors and insulators, making it a crucial element in the fabrication of modern electronic devices. Intrinsic and extrinsic semiconductors are some commonly used variants that offer different electrical charge-carrying capabilities. They are generally produced using raw materials, such as silicon, germanium, and gallium arsenide, through an assortment of manufacturing techniques, including ion implantation, deposition, etching, oxidation, and photolithographic patterning. They are applied across various sectors, including computing, telecommunications, aerospace, medical technology, automotive, defense, and robotics, functioning as the fundamental building blocks for a wide range of electronic devices, such as microprocessors, transistors, diodes, and integrated circuits (ICs). Semiconductors are lightweight, highly efficient, and compact materials that provide high-speed switching capabilities, low energy consumption, and excellent tolerance to high temperatures and voltages. Along with this, their capabilities to amplify signals, transform energy, and manage electrical current flow add to their extensive utilization.
United States Semiconductor Market Trends:
The rapid technological advancements, such as the adoption of fifth-generation (5G) communication, artificial intelligence (AI), and machine learning (ML), are boosting the market growth. Semiconductors play a vital role in the manufacturing of advanced equipment utilized in 5G communication, AI, and ML technologies, that are capable of performing complex calculations, enabling faster data processing and analysis, and providing low-latency communication. Furthermore, the increasing product utilization in manufacturing consumer electronics, such as tablets, laptops, smartphones, television (TV), and home appliances, is contributing to the market growth. Additionally, the rising adoption of hybrid and electric vehicles (EVs) due to escalating environmental concerns is facilitating product demand as they are an integral part of the motor controls, power electronics, battery management systems (BMS), communication devices, and infotainment systems. Apart from this, the widespread product application in the Internet of Things (IoT) technology to facilitate connectivity and high-speed data processing is strengthening the market growth. Moreover, growing product demand for manufacturing various medical devices, such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound machine, and computed tomography (CT) scanners, is favoring the market growth. Apart from this, the increasing adoption of semiconductor in the defense and aerospace industry to manufacture navigation, communication, and radar systems is supporting the market growth. In addition, the rising product utilization in railway systems for signal processing, control systems, and communication equipment is catalyzing the market growth. Other factors, including increasing product demand in energy generation, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, and widespread product utilization in factory automation, are anticipated to drive the market growth.
United States Semiconductor Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the United States semiconductor market report, along with forecasts at the country level for 2023-2028 Our report has categorized the market based on components, material used, and end user.
- Memory Devices
- Logic Devices
- Analog IC
- Discrete Power Devices
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the components. This includes memory devices, logic devices, analog IC, MPU, discrete power devices, MCU, sensors, and others.
Material Used Insights:
- Silicon Carbide
- Gallium Manganese Arsenide
- Copper Indium Gallium Selenide
- Molybdenum Disulfide
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the material used has also been provided in the report. This includes silicon carbide, gallium manganese arsenide, copper indium gallium selenide, molybdenum disulfide, and others.
End User Insights:
- Data Centre
- Consumer Electronics
- Aerospace and Defense
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the end user used has also been provided in the report. This includes automotive, industrial, data center, telecommunication, consumer electronics, aerospace and defense, healthcare, and others.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Northeast, Midwest, South, and West.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
United States Semiconductor Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Material Used
- End User
||Memory Devices, Logic Devices, Analog IC, MPU, Discrete Power Devices, MCU, Sensors, Others
|Material Used Covered
||Silicon Carbide, Gallium Manganese Arsenide, Copper Indium Gallium Selenide, Molybdenum Disulfide, Others
|End Users Covered
||Automotive, Industrial, Data Centre, Telecommunication, Consumer Electronics, Aerospace and Defense, Healthcare, Others
||Northeast, Midwest, South, West
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the United States semiconductor market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the United States semiconductor market?
- What is the breakup of the United States semiconductor market on the basis of components?
- What is the breakup of the United States semiconductor market on the basis of material used?
- What is the breakup of the United States semiconductor market on the basis of end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the United States semiconductor market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the United States semiconductor market?
- What is the structure of the United States semiconductor market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the United States semiconductor market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the United States semiconductor market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the United States semiconductor market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the United States semiconductor industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.