The global urinary tract infection testing market size reached US$ 572.18 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 750.70 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.5% during 2023-2028. The rising incidences of urinary tract infection among women, growing awareness about the benefits of timely diagnosis, and improvements in healthcare infrastructure represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2022
||US$ 572.18 Million
|Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 750.70 Million
|Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
Urinary tract infection, or UTI, refers to a type of bacterial infection that occurs in any part of the urinary system, including kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra. Some common symptoms of UTI are pain or pressure in the lower abdomen, pelvic area, or lower back, burning sensation while peeing, frequent urination, strong-smelling and bloody urine, and feeling the need to urinate despite having an empty bladder. If left untreated, UTI can lead to glandular cystitis, pyelonephritis, urinary sepsis, and even acute renal failure resulting in death. It can be diagnosed using laboratory tests and procedures, such as analyzing a urine sample, urine culture, imaging tests, and cystoscopy. Since UTI testing assists healthcare professionals in detecting the type of infection and determining the most effective treatment method, it is rapidly gaining traction across the globe.
Urinary Tract Infection Testing Market Trends:
The rising awareness about the benefits of UTI testing, including the timely diagnosis of the condition and treatment to alleviate symptoms to improve the quality of life of patients, represents the primary factor driving the market growth. Moreover, the increasing incidences and recurrence of UTIs, especially among women, have augmented the demand for UTI testing. Additionally, UTIs, such as cystitis, are more prevalent in older adults and individuals with type 2 diabetes, and such patients exhibit more acute symptoms than others. In line with this, the growing prevalence of type 2 diabetes across the globe, coupled with the aging population, is creating a positive outlook for the market. Furthermore, the leading players are focusing on developing more innovative technologies and testing methods to quickly and accurately detect UTIs and provide doctors with appropriate recommendations regarding the best antibiotics for specific patients. Along with this, the launch of combination drugs and ongoing research and development (R&D) to introduce novel classes of antibiotics for different types of UTIs are contributing to the market growth. Besides this, the implementation of favorable initiatives by governments of numerous countries to spread awareness about the available UTI testing and treatment options has catalyzed market growth. Other factors, including the increasing popularity of portable handheld equipment and self-testing kits, improvements in healthcare infrastructure, continual technological advancements, and the rising number of drug approvals by regulatory bodies, are also anticipated to propel the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global urinary tract infection testing market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on test type, infection type, test kit, and end user.
Test Type Insights:
- Urine Cultures
- Susceptibility Testing
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the urinary tract infection testing market based on the test type. This includes urinalysis, urine cultures, and susceptibility testing. According to the report, urinalysis represented the largest segment.
Infection Type Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the urinary tract infection testing market based on the infection type has also been provided in the report. This includes urethritis, cystitis, and pyelonephritis. According to the report, cystitis accounted for the largest market share.
Test Kit Insights:
- Home Test Kits
- Laboratory Test Kits
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the urinary tract infection testing market based on the test kit. This includes home test kits and laboratory test kits. According to the report, laboratory test kits represented the largest segment.
End User Insights:
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Research Institutes
A detailed breakup and analysis of the urinary tract infection testing market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, research institutes, and others. According to the report, hospitals accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for urinary tract infection testing. Some of the factors driving the North America urinary tract infection testing market included the rising burden of UTIs, favorable reimbursement policies, technological advancements, high healthcare expenditure, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global urinary tract infection testing market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include ACON Laboratories Inc., Arkray Inc., Cardinal Health Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Randox Laboratories Ltd., Siemens Healthcare Private Limited (Siemens AG), Sysmex Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Urinary Tract Infection Testing Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Test Type
- Infection Type
- Test Kit
- End User
|Test Types Covered
||Urinalysis, Urine Cultures, Susceptibility Testing
|Infection Types Covered
||Urethritis, Cystitis, Pyelonephritis
|Test Kits Covered
||Home Test Kits, Laboratory Test Kits
|End Users Covered
||Hospitals, Diagnostic Laboratories, Research Institutes, Others
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||ACON Laboratories Inc., Arkray Inc., Cardinal Health Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Randox Laboratories Ltd., Siemens Healthcare Private Limited (Siemens AG), Sysmex Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global urinary tract infection testing market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global urinary tract infection testing market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global urinary tract infection testing market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive urinary tract infection testing market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the test type?
- Which is the most attractive test type in the urinary tract infection testing market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the infection type?
- Which is the most attractive infection type in the urinary tract infection testing market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on test kit?
- Which is the most attractive test kit in the urinary tract infection testing market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the urinary tract infection testing market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global urinary tract infection testing market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global urinary tract infection testing market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the urinary tract infection testing market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global urinary tract infection testing market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the urinary tract infection testing industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.