The global vitamins market size reached US$ 13.86 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 19.7 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.30% during 2023-2028. Increasing consumer awareness regarding the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle and preventing nutritional deficiencies, rising prevalence of chronic diseases, the burgeoning geriatric population, and the incorporation of vitamins into functional foods and beverages are some of the key factors driving the market.
|Vitamins Market Size in 2022
||US$ 13.86 Billion
|Vitamins Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 19.7 Billion
|Vitamins Market Growth Rate 2023-2028
Vitamins are essential organic compounds that are crucial in maintaining good health and supporting various bodily functions. They are primarily obtained through our diet, although some can also be synthesized within our bodies. They are classified into two categories: fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K) and water-soluble vitamins (B-complex vitamins and vitamin C). Fat-soluble vitamins are stored in the body's fatty tissues, while water-soluble vitamins are not stored and need to be replenished regularly. They consist of different components, such as carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen, and each type serves specific functions. Vitamins work as coenzymes or precursors for enzymatic reactions, playing a crucial role in energy production, immune function, cell growth, and repair. They also act as antioxidants, protecting cells from damage caused by free radicals. Benefits of vitamins include improved vision, enhanced bone health, a stronger immune system, increased energy levels, and healthier skin.
Vitamins Market Trends:
The global vitamins market is driven primarily by increasing consumer awareness about the advantages of maintaining a healthy lifestyle and preventing nutritional deficiencies. Additionally, the escalating prevalence of chronic diseases, such as obesity and cardiovascular ailments, has led to a growing emphasis on preventive healthcare, thus promoting the consumption of vitamin supplements. The burgeoning geriatric population, the expansion of the nutraceutical industry, and the incorporation of vitamins into functional foods and beverages are also propelling the market growth. Furthermore, rapid technological advancements in product development, such as the introduction of innovative delivery formats and nanotechnology, and the surging influence of social media platforms and celebrity endorsements promoting the benefits of vitamins are influencing the market growth. Apart from this, the increasing disposable incomes, the growing popularity of vegan and vegetarian diets, and the integration of vitamins in personalized nutrition and wellness programs are contributing to the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global vitamins market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, source, and application.
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the vitamins market based on the type. This includes vitamins A, B, C, D, E, and K. According to the report, vitamin B represented the largest segment.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the vitamins market based on the source has also been provided in the report. This includes natural and synthetic. According to the report, natural accounted for the largest market share.
- Personal Care Products
- Food and Beverages
- Healthcare Products
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the vitamins market based on the application. This includes personal care products, food and beverages, healthcare products, and others.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for vitamins. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific vitamins market included the integration of vitamins in personalized nutrition and wellness programs, increasing focus on dietary supplements and sustainability, and strategic collaborations, mergers, and acquisitions among key players.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global vitamins market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include BASF SE, Bluestar Adisseo (China National Bluestar (Group) Co. Ltd.), Farbest-Tallman Foods Corporation, Glanbia Plc, Jubilant Bhartia Group, Koninklijke DSM N.V., Stern-Wywiol Gruppe GmbH & Co. KG, Vertellus, Vitablend Nederland B.V., Zagro (Industria de Diseño Textil S.A.), Zhejiang Garden Biopharmaceutical Co. Ltd., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
||Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
||Personal Care Products, Food and Beverages, Healthcare Products, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||BASF SE, Bluestar Adisseo (China National Bluestar (Group) Co. Ltd.), Farbest-Tallman Foods Corporation, Glanbia Plc, Jubilant Bhartia Group, Koninklijke DSM N.V., Stern-Wywiol Gruppe GmbH & Co. KG, Vertellus, Vitablend Nederland B.V., Zagro (Industria de Diseño Textil S.A.), Zhejiang Garden Biopharmaceutical Co. Ltd., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global vitamins market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global vitamins market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global vitamins market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive vitamins market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the vitamins market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the source?
- Which is the most attractive source in the vitamins market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the vitamins market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global vitamins market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global vitamins market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the vitamins market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global vitamins market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the vitamins industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.