The global water quality sensor market size reached US$ 5.12 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 7.47 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.2% during 2023-2028. The rising environmental consciousness among the masses, increasing concerns about water pollution, contamination, and depletion, and the implementation of stringent regulations and standards regarding water sources represent some of the key factors driving the market.
A water quality sensor is a sophisticated device designed to assess and monitor various parameters and characteristics of water to determine its overall quality and purity. It utilizes advanced technologies to measure and analyze several essential factors, including temperature, pH level, dissolved oxygen, turbidity, conductivity, and various chemical contaminants present in the water. Acquiring accurate and current data, enables scientists, researchers, and environmentalists to evaluate the security of sources of drinking water as well as the condition of water bodies, including rivers, lakes, and oceans. Additionally, it typically consists of a combination of physical and chemical sensors, probes, electrodes, and detectors, each designed to measure specific properties of water. Temperature sensors monitor the thermal conditions of the water, pH sensors determine the acidity or alkalinity, dissolved oxygen sensors measure the amount of oxygen dissolved in the water, and turbidity sensors assess the clarity by measuring suspended particles.
Water Quality Sensor Market Trends:
The rising environmental consciousness among the masses majorly drives the global market. This can be supported by the growing concerns about water pollution, contamination, and depletion amplifying the need for effective water quality monitoring. Along with this, governments, and regulatory bodies are implementing stringent regulations and standards to protect water resources and ensure public health and safety. This is driving the demand for water quality sensors across industries, including municipal water treatment plants, industrial facilities, and agriculture. In addition, water quality sensors find extensive applications across various industries. For instance, water treatment plants rely on these sensors to ensure the quality of drinking water supplied to communities. Industrial facilities, including power plants, oil and gas refineries, and chemical plants, use water quality sensors for process optimization, effluent monitoring, and compliance with environmental regulations. The expanding industrial sector globally sustains the demand for water quality sensors. Apart from this, the increasing investments in research and development activities focused on water quality management and monitoring technologies are contributing to the market. Furthermore, the development of innovative sensor types, such as optical, electrochemical, and spectroscopic sensors is creating a positive market outlook. Some of the other factors driving the market include rapid urbanization and rising water-related health concerns.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global water quality sensor market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type and application.
- Residual Chlorine Sensor
- Total Organic Carbon (TOC) Sensor
- Turbidity Sensor
- Conductivity Sensor
- pH Sensor
- Oxidation-Reduction Potential (ORP) Sensor
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the water quality sensor market based on the type. This includes residual chlorine sensor, total organic carbon (TOC) sensor, turbidity sensor, conductivity sensor, pH sensor, oxidation-reduction potential (ORP) sensor, and others. According to the report, pH sensor represented the largest segment.
- Household Sectors
- Agricultural Sectors
A detailed breakup and analysis of the water quality sensor market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes utility, household sectors, agricultural sectors, aquaculture, and others. According to the report, utility accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for water quality sensor. Some of the factors driving the North America water quality sensor market included rising environmental consciousness, continual technological advancements, favorable government regulations, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global water quality sensor market. The detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include AQUALITAS Technologies Ltd., Atlas Scientific, Badger Meter Inc., Danaher Corporation, Endress+Hauser AG, Hanna Instruments Inc., Horiba Ltd, Real Tech Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Xylem Inc., Yokogawa Electric Corporation, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
||Residual Chlorine Sensor, Total Organic Carbon (TOC) Sensor, Turbidity Sensor, Conductivity Sensor, pH Sensor, Oxidation-Reduction Potential (ORP) Sensor, Others
||Utility, Household Sectors, Agricultural Sectors, Aquaculture, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||AQUALITAS Technologies Ltd., Atlas Scientific, Badger Meter Inc., Danaher Corporation, Endress+Hauser AG, Hanna Instruments Inc., Horiba Ltd, Real Tech Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Xylem Inc., Yokogawa Electric Corporation, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global water quality sensor market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global water quality sensor market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global water quality sensor market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive water quality sensor market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the water quality sensor market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the water quality sensor market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global water quality sensor market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global water quality sensor market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the water quality sensor market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global water quality sensor market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the water quality sensor industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.