The global wheat seed market size reached US$ 5.1 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 6.8 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.40% during 2023-2028. Expanding global population resulting in the growing demand for food, continual technological advancements in the development of new seed varieties, and favorable government policies and initiatives represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Wheat seed is a critical component of wheat production that contains wheat kernels inside and is characterized by a hard outer covering, called the seed coat. Wheat seed plays an instrumental role in soil conservation, as wheat plants help to prevent soil erosion and enhance the soil quality. There are several advantages to using wheat seed, which can be grown in a variety of climates and soil types, thereby making it a suitable crop for many regions. Additionally, wheat seed is relatively easy to grow and maintain, making it a popular choice among farmers. Wheat seed is also highly nutritious, providing a source of starch, vitamins, protein, carbohydrates, and other essential nutrients. As a result, wheat seed is extensively used to produce a variety of products such as bread, pasta, and cereal.
Wheat Seed Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the expanding global population resulting in the growing demand for food. In line with this, continual technological advancements in the development of new seed varieties that are more resistant to pests and diseases while being more tolerant to drought and other environmental stressors, are providing an impetus to the market. This can be attributed to the rapid urbanization resulting in a significant decline of arable lands, requiring more yield in less area of land. Moreover, the rising concerns regarding changes in weather patterns affecting the growth and yield of crops are leading to numerous innovations in agriculture techniques, which, in turn, is creating a positive market outlook. Additionally, favorable government policies and initiatives supporting agriculture industry and offering subsidies for farmers in the purchasing of seeds are creating lucrative growth opportunities in the market. The market is further fueled by a considerable rise in the demand for organic food crops. Apart from this, the increasing consumer preference for wheat-based products, such as the demand for whole-grain products, is impacting the market positively. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include considerable growth in the biotechnology and agriculture industries, the rising demand for protein-rich wheat variants, extensive research and development (R&D) activities and easy product availability across online and offline retail channels.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global wheat seed market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on breeding technology, type and application.
Breeding Technology Insights
- Open Pollinated Varieties and Hybrid Derivatives
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the wheat seed market based on the breeding technology. This includes open pollinated varieties and hybrid derivatives and hybrids. According to the report, open pollinated varieties and hybrid derivatives represented the largest segment.
- Winter Wheat Seed
- Spring Wheat Seed
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the wheat seed market based on the type. This includes winter wheat seed and spring wheat seed. According to the report, winter wheat seed represented the largest segment.
- Farm Planting
- Personal Planting
A detailed breakup and analysis of the wheat seed market based on the department has also been provided in the report. This includes farm planting and personal planting. According to the report, farm planting accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for wheat seed. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific wheat seed market include continual technological advancements, continual developments in agrotech, growing demand for food, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global wheat seed market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Advanta Seeds (United Phosphorus Ltd.), Australian Grain Technologies (AGT), Corteva Agriscience, Groupe Limagrain, Kaveri Seed Co. Ltd., KWS SAAT SE & Co. KGaA, ProHarvest Seeds Inc., R.A.G.T. Semences, Seed Co Limited, Syngenta AG (China National Chemical Corporation), etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Breeding Technologies Covered
||Open Pollinated Varieties and Hybrid Derivatives, Hybrids
||Winter Wheat Seed, Spring Wheat Seed
||Farm Planting, Personal Planting
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Advanta Seeds (United Phosphorus Ltd.), Australian Grain Technologies (AGT), Corteva Agriscience, Groupe Limagrain, Kaveri Seed Co. Ltd., KWS SAAT SE & Co. KGaA, ProHarvest Seeds Inc., R.A.G.T. Semences, Seed Co Limited, Syngenta AG (China National Chemical Corporation), etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global wheat seed market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global wheat seed market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive wheat seed markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the breeding technology?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the competitive structure of the global wheat seed market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global wheat seed market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the wheat seed market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global wheat seed market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the wheat seed industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.