The global X-ray tube market size reached US$ 2.79 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 3.65 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.38% during 2023-2028. The advent of portable X-ray tubes, rising prevalence of numerous diseases, and the growing demand for packaged ready-to-eat (RTE) food products represent some of the key factors driving the market.
An X-ray tube, also known as a roentgen tube, is a device comprising an evacuated glass envelope containing an anode and a cathode, which converts electrical input power into X-rays. It is used in radiation therapy to deliver high energy radiation and shrink or destroy cancerous tumors. It is also utilized in dental imaging to produce images of the teeth and jaws. At present, increasing incidences of cross-border terrorist activities and illegal trespassing is driving the demand for X-ray tube in security imaging to produce images of objects and packages, such as luggage and cargo to detect any potential threats.
X-Ray Tube Market Trends:
There is a surge in the prevalence of heart-related disorders, blocked arteries, lung cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), kidney stones, and diabetes. This, coupled with the increasing aging population, which is more prone to these medical conditions, represents one of the major factors driving the demand for X-ray tubes around the world. Moreover, the rising adoption of pets for companionship and the growing spread of animal-borne diseases are impelling the market growth. In addition, the increasing preferences for minimally invasive (MI) surgical procedures by patients and healthcare professionals on account of their associated benefits is bolstering the growth of the market. Apart from this, the advent of portable X-ray tubes has made X-ray imaging more accessible and convenient for patients, which is contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, the integration of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) in X-ray tubes to improve the accuracy of diagnoses, reduce radiation exposure and enhance the speed of image acquisition and analysis is bolstering the growth of the market. Besides this, the growing awareness about the easy availability of diagnostic and screening procedures and significant improvements in the healthcare infrastructure is creating a positive outlook for the market. Additionally, X-ray tubes are employed in the food and beverage (F&B) industry to enable efficient and effective inspection and analysis of food products that help ensure the safety and quality of the food supply. This, in confluence with the escalating demand for packaged ready-to-eat (RTE) food products on account of busy lifestyles and the expanding purchasing power of individuals, is strengthening the growth of the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global X-ray tube market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type and end user.
- Rotating Anode Tube
- Stationary X-Ray Tube
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the X-ray tube market based on the type. This includes rotating anode tube and stationary X-ray tube. According to the report, rotating anode tube represented the largest segment.
End User Insights:
- Aerospace and Defense
A detailed breakup and analysis of the X-ray tube market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes manufacturing, healthcare, food, aerospace and defense, and others. According to the report, manufacturing accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for X-ray tube. Some of the factors driving the North America X-ray tube market included the increasing aging population, increased demand for minimally invasive (MI) surgical procedures, integration of advanced technologies, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global X-ray tube market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Canon Electron Tubes & Devices Co. Ltd (Canon Inc.), Comet Group, General Electric Company, Gulmay Ltd., Hangzhou Kailong Medical Instruments Co. Ltd., Keyway Electron, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Malvern Panalytical Ltd (Spectris plc), Oxford Instruments Plc, Sandt, Siemens AG, Superior X-Ray Tube Company, Varex Imaging Corporation., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Rotating Anode Tube, Stationary X-Ray Tube
|End Users Covered
||Manufacturing, Healthcare, Food, Aerospace and Defense, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Canon Electron Tubes & Devices Co. Ltd (Canon Inc.), Comet Group, General Electric Company, Gulmay Ltd., Hangzhou Kailong Medical Instruments Co. Ltd., Keyway Electron, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Malvern Panalytical Ltd (Spectris plc), Oxford Instruments Plc, Sandt, Siemens AG, Superior X-Ray Tube Company, Varex Imaging Corporation., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global X-ray tube market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global X-ray tube market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global X-ray tube market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive X-ray tube market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the X-ray tube market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the X-ray tube market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global X-ray tube market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global X-ray tube market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the X-ray tube market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global X-ray tube market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the X-ray tube industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.