The global zero waste shampoo market size reached US$ 121.89 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 180.34 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 7.10% during 2023-2028. The rising consumer concerns about sustainability, the increasing demand for eco-friendly products, the bolstering growth of the e-commerce sector, and the expanding prevalence of various hair and scalp issues represent some of the key factors driving the market.
The zero-waste shampoo is designed to produce no waste during the manufacturing, use, and disposal. Unlike conventional shampoos that often come in plastic bottles and generate significant waste, zero-waste shampoos are made with natural and sustainable ingredients, packaged in eco-friendly containers, and sold in bulk. The zero-waste shampoo contains essential oils, herbs, and plant-based surfactants and avoids harsh chemicals commonly found in traditional shampoos. In addition to this, it is biodegradable and non-toxic in nature and has a significantly lower environmental impact. The zero-waste shampoo is marketed in a variety of forms, such as bars, powders, and liquid concentrates.
Zero Waste Shampoo Market Trends:
The increasing consumer awareness about environmental sustainability and the escalating concerns regarding the impact of traditional hair care products on the environment are primarily fueling the demand for zero-waste shampoo products made from natural ingredients. Besides this, due to the expanding adoption of a zero-waste lifestyle, consumers are looking for eco-friendly, natural, organic, and gentle products with no side effects, which is creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, the shifting consumer preference for plastic-free packaging is enhancing the demand for products packaged in sustainable materials, such as paper, glass, or metal, rather than single-use plastics, which, in turn, is contributing to the market growth. In addition to this, the emerging trends of veganism and cruelty-free products are presenting remunerative growth opportunities for the market as zero-waste shampoos are not tested on animals and are made without animal-derived ingredients. Concurrent with this, the increasing prevalence of hair and scalp issues, such as dandruff, hair fall, and dryness, is impelling the need for product variants formulated with gentle and nourishing ingredients beneficial for hair and scalp health. Furthermore, the bolstering growth of the e-commerce sector is acting as another significant growth-inducing factor due to easy accessibility to consumers, diverse product portfolio offerings, secure payment gateways, and doorstep delivery. Other factors, such as inflating purchasing power of individuals, the surging adoption of do-it-yourself (DIY) personal care products, the surging popularity of minimalism, and ongoing product innovations, are propelling the market forward.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global zero waste shampoo market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type and distribution channel.
Product Type Insights:
- Shampoo Bars
- Liquid Shampoo
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the zero waste shampoo market based on the product type. This includes shampoo bars and liquid shampoo. According to the report, shampoo bars represented the largest segment.
Distribution Channel Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the zero waste shampoo market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes online and offline. According to the report, offline accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for zero waste shampoo. Some of the factors driving the North America zero waste shampoo market included the increasing demand for sustainable products, escalating environmental concerns among consumers, and the inflating disposable income of individuals.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global zero waste shampoo market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Battle Green Co., Beauty and the Bees, Biome Living Pty. Ltd., Butter Me Up Organics, Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve, Dirty Hippie Cosmetics, EcoRoots, J.R. Liggett Ltd., Lush Retail Ltd., Plaine Products LLC, Plum Brilliance Apothecary, Rocky Mountain Soap Company, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Product Type
- Distribution Channel
|Product Types Covered
||Shampoo Bars, Liquid Shampoo
|Distribution Channels Covered
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Battle Green Co., Beauty and the Bees, Biome Living Pty. Ltd., Butter Me Up Organics, Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve, Dirty Hippie Cosmetics, EcoRoots, J.R. Liggett Ltd., Lush Retail Ltd., Plaine Products LLC, Plum Brilliance Apothecary, Rocky Mountain Soap Company, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global zero waste shampoo market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global zero waste shampoo market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global zero waste shampoo market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive zero waste shampoo market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- Which is the most attractive product type in the zero waste shampoo market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- Which is the most attractive distribution channel in the zero waste shampoo market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global zero waste shampoo market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global zero waste shampoo market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the zero waste shampoo market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global zero waste shampoo market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assists stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the zero waste shampoo industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.