The global absorbable suture market size reached US$ 3.1 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 4.5 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.22% during 2024-2032. The increasing number of surgeries, rising expenditure capacities of consumers, and the growing preference for minimally invasive surgeries (MIS) represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Market Size in 2023
|US$ 3.1 Billion
Market Forecast in 2032
|US$ 4.5 Billion
|Market Growth Rate 2024-2032
Absorbable suture is a type of surgical equipment manufactured using various materials that are gradually broken down and absorbed by the body over time. They are used to close any open wounds, litigate blood vessels, and in soft tissue closures, such as skin incisions or wounds in the mouth. Absorbable sutures are commonly used in surgical procedures where they do not need to be removed, such as in internal tissues or areas where it would be difficult or impractical to remove them. These sutures cause less reaction and provide better passage of the thread through the tissue. As compared to traditional sutures, absorbable sutures do not need to be removed, promote faster healing and reduced scarring, and are convenient for skin ulcers, neuropathic ulcers, and pediatric cardiac surgery.
Absorbable Suture Market Trends:
The increasing number of surgeries represents one of the primary factors driving the market growth. This can be attributed to the rising geriatric population and improved access to healthcare across the globe, which is contributing to the market growth. In line with this, the increasing incidences of various health conditions, such as cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, and arthritis, which can require surgical intervention, are favoring the market growth. Additionally, the widespread product utilization in orthopedic surgeries for closing wounds and repairing fascia, muscles, tendons, ligaments, joint capsules, and cerclage or tension band of certain fractures is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Apart from this, the introduction of advanced absorbable sutures with improved absorption rates, which allow the sutures to be absorbed faster and more consistently, thus reducing the risk of infection and promoting faster healing, is providing an impetus to the market growth. Moreover, the increasing product demand due to the escalating lifestyle diseases, such as ischemic heart diseases, cerebrovascular diseases, orthopedic disorders, and cancers owing to sedentary lifestyles, is propelling the market growth. Furthermore, the rising preference for minimally invasive surgeries (MIS), which require smaller incisions and result in faster recovery times, is positively influencing the market growth. Other factors, including the rising expenditure capacities of consumers, growing number of road accidents, increasing awareness about the benefits of absorbable sutures, such as reduced scarring and less pain, the escalating demand for cosmetic surgeries, and the increasing government funding for healthcare are creating a positive outlook for the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global absorbable suture market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on order type, application, and end user.
Order Type Insights:
- Catgut Sutures
- PGA Sutures
- PGLA Sutures
- PLA Sutures
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the absorbable suture market based on the order type. This includes catgut, PGA, PGLA, and PLA. According to the report, catgut sutures represented the largest segment.
- General Surgeries
- Orthopedic Surgeries
- Gynecology Surgeries
- Ophthalmic Surgeries
A detailed breakup and analysis of the absorbable suture market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes general, orthopedic, gynecology, ophthalmic surgeries, and others. According to the report, general surgeries accounted for the largest market share.
End User Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the absorbable suture market based on the end user. This includes hospital, clinic, and others. According to the report, hospital represented the largest segment.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for absorbable suture. Some of the factors driving the North America absorbable suture market included the rising consumer expenditure capacities, growing geriatric population, and improved access to healthcare.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global absorbable suture market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Assut Medical Sarl, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Demetech Corporation, Dolphin Suture, Lotus Surgicals, Medtronic Plc, Peters Surgical, Teleflex Incorporated, United Medical Industries, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
Scope of the Report
|Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Order Type
- End User
|Order Types Covered
||Catgut Sutures, PGA Sutures, PGLA Sutures, PLA Sutures
||General Surgeries, Orthopedic Surgeries, Gynecology Surgeries, Ophthalmic Surgeries, Others
|End Users Covered
||Hospital, Clinic, Others
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Assut Medical Sarl, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Demetech Corporation, Dolphin Suture, Lotus Surgicals, Medtronic Plc, Peters Surgical, Teleflex Incorporated, United Medical Industries, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global absorbable suture market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global absorbable suture market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global absorbable suture market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive absorbable suture market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the order type?
- Which is the most attractive order type in the absorbable suture market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the absorbable suture market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the absorbable suture market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global absorbable suture market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global absorbable suture market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the absorbable suture market from 2018-2032.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global absorbable suture market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the absorbable suture industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.